Match stored value with the current value in a loop


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

I have a MySQL db were I store articles in.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
I have a form to fill these articles, and in that form I can select images who are stored into a directory. Selecting the images works good but the problem is when I want to edit the stored article then the image is not saved and I again have to select it from the selectdropdown box. Basicly I want to match the stored value with the current value in my loop.

Is there a way that the earlier saved image into an article keeps up with the rest from the article but keep it dynamic so if I want to, I still van change the image easy.

My code:

<select name="content_img" id="content_img">
<option value="">
<?php
$dirPath = dir('media/images/content');
$imgArray = array();
while (($file = $dirPath->read()) !== false)
{
if ((substr($file, -3)=="gif") || (substr($file, -3)=="jpg") || (substr($file, -3)=="png"))
{
$imgArray[ ] = trim($file);
}
}
$dirPath->close();
sort($imgArray);
$c = count($imgArray);
for($i=0; $i<$c; $i++) {
$selected = (isset($image) && $image == $imgArray[$i]) ? "selected" : "";
echo "<option value='{$imgArray[$i]}' $selected>{$imgArray[$i]}</option>n";
}

?></option>
</select>

HELP...please
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
293 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Allowing ' and "
Hello everyone,

I am creating a form where users submit information to go into a database. I

Can't shake the "Warning: include()" error
I've just uploaded my site to a new server and where I have PHP include tags in my HTML, the browser

help understanding hidden input w/ php
hello i'm doing a tutorial where there are multiple forms for an edit page for a user to update thei

Need help with simple code, back and forward buttons.
Basically, I have a set of pages in a folder, which have the title somephrasehere_09.php, somephrase

How to get exact 3 moths post date from today date using javascript
How to get exact 3 moths post date from today date using javascript
Please help

GET vs SUBMIT Button to show sections on one index.php page?
Just curious if one of these ways is better (i.e. more efficient) than the other.

I have a

Sum of Values in an Array
This is probably really simple... but it's been years since I've written anything, so bare with me!<

Time script, set to my time zone?
I am using this line to get the date and time

Code: $time = date(F." ".d.", &q

What are the two different files you download to update kernel?
What are the two different files you download to update kernel?

Give me all your tricks for minimizing jar file size

Hi, I'm coming close to releasing my J2ME game... I am kicking up against the 64k size barrier w

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash