Please help with SMTP Authenticated PHP Email Form


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello, I'm creating a PHP email form, and for this particular server, I have to use SMTP Authentication. They hosting service sent me this link: http://email.about.com/od/emailprogramm ... cation.htm

Anyway, I have the form created, and I created the PHP file called mail.php. I finally got it to where it does send me an email, but the message is completely blank. My form has four fields, which are: name, email, telephone, and message, so these should each be emailed to me when the form is filled out.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Thank you in advance if anyone can look this over.

Here is my PHP code:


Code: [Select]
<?php
require_once "Mail.php";

$from = "Jane Doe <jane.doe@gmail.com>";
$to = "JD <jim.doe@gmail.com>";
$subject = "Request to contact me";
$name = "name:n";
$email = "email:n";
$phone = "phone:n";
$message = "message:n";

$host = "smtp.gmail.com";
$username = "jane.doe";
$password = "blackcat35";

$headers = array ('From' => $from,
'To' => $to,
'Subject' => $subject);
$smtp = Mail::factory('smtp',
array ('host' => $host,
'auth' => true,
'username' => $username,
'password' => $password));

$mail = $smtp->send($to, $headers, $body);

if (PEAR::isError($mail)) {
echo("<p>" . $mail->getMessage() . "</p>");
} else {
print "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=received.htm">";
}
?>




And here is my HTML form:

Code: [Select]

<form method="POST" action="mail.php">
<p>Fields marked (*) are required</p>
<p><strong>Name:* </strong>

<input name="name" type="text" size="40" maxlength="50" id="name" />
<p><strong>Email:* </strong>

<input name="email" type="text" size="40" id="email">
<p><strong>Telephone:</strong>

<input name="message" type="text" size="40" maxlength="30" id="message" />
<p><strong>Message:* </strong>

<textarea name="message" cols="40" id="message"></textarea>
<p><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Submit">
<input type="reset" name="Clear" id="Clear" value="Reset" />
</form>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
156 Like 39 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Floating Point Precision Loss
I'm writing a program to draw a three-dimensional cube (with a corner cut off) without using any 3D

MII Netweaver Server stopped due to CPIC connection Problem
Dear Experts,
We have SAP XMII 12.0 setup running on Netweaver 2004s,7.0, Java Stack only.

Pulling out some result data from MYSQL
Hey Guys,

I've built a PHP page that has a for just imagine something like registration form

Parse Error with doctype
I'm getting a parse error with this simple code. I don't get it. It worked one time then when I relo

Why does first ever HttpSendRequest take longer?
I promise this isn't as simple as it sounds. I'm wondering why the the first ever call to HttpSendRe

what does this mean? +=
is anyone able to explain what this code is saying?

i had it written for me awhile back and n

Escaped characters
I have a script that allows you to post news to the home page of my site. Along with the news is the

Array help
Hello i got this code to fetch data from database but it is not working it displays
7
Array

Keeping track of php uploads
Hello all.

I was looking at the way PHP handles file uploads.
It seems that PHP uses a tem

Tournament Brackets (Double Elimination)?
Is making a double elimination tournament style bracket system capable of being done in php?

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash