Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code, where i would like PHP to issue a warning / error.
I guess this is because of the loose typing of PHP, however this cause real bugs go unnoticed in my code and i am looking for a way to be able to detect this.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
The code sample does not produce any warning/error using "error_reporting=E_ALL" with php 5.2.10

Do anyone have a idea or suggestion?

Code: class Objekt
{
var $foo;
var $bar;
}

$x = new Objekt();
$x->foo = 4;
var_dump($x);

$x->baz = 9; //i would like this to cause an warning because "baz" is a undefined property of the Objekt class. but it dont and "baz" is added to the object
var_dump($x);
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
149 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SCRIPT ERROR
Here is the CONTACT FORM I made for our website:

<form id="form1" name="

PHP/Database issue
My friend is helping me make a database where you go to a certain webpage of my site and the page wi

XML Grouping
I'm using xml_parse_into_struct to get all my elements, but now I need to group them. For example, h

[PHP HELP] Php order form.
Hello to everyone @ phpfreaks. Im new to this site and hope to learn lots of things here.

Fir

Help with simple query
Hi,

I'm trying to do a Query with a Union where I want to print the number of rows $tc conta

why does my session end?
my connect.php starts the session just so you know
i can navigate arround my site fine except whe

Newb advice
Hi all,

I'm a flash front end designer and I've taken on a project that needs some back end p

how to get IP address?
hey guys,

i have this code which is supposed to get me the IP address of my site visitors:

animation progress while uploading files?
Hello, i have some website form to upload few files to server. i want to put some gif animation whi

Date/Time and Checkbox
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to insert the current date and tim

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash