need help in update query


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i create a form for update. there are 8 columns in my mysql table. on my main page all the data is retrieve from db and displayed on the page. after every row there is a link edit. when user click that link it goes to a form where all the required fields are displayed. the user may only change one column or two. so my question is how we will know in website which column is to be updated. ofcourse we know the column with modified value will have to be change in db but how we can implement this in php.

my code is my form which is a long one
Code: [Select]<form name="form1" method="post" action="jobsReview.php">
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<p align="left">Fill the Following Form</p>
<table width="702" height="486" border="0">
<tr>
<td width="315" height="24"><div align="left">Job Title:</div></td>
<td width="377"><select name="title" id="title">
<option value="Computer Lecturer">Computer Lecturer</option>
<option value="Management Lecturer">Management Lecturer</option>
<option value="English Lecturer">English Lecturer</option>
<option value="Islamyat Lecturer">Islamyat Lecturer</option>
<option value="Electronics Lecturer">Electronics Lecturer</option>
<option value="Economics Lecturer">Economics Lecturer</option>
<option value="Mathematics Lecturer">Mathematics Lecturer</option>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="26"><div align="left">University:</div></td>
<td><label>
<input type="text" name="university" id="university">
</label></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="24"><div align="left">Minimum Education Required:</div></td>
<td><label>
<input type="text" name="education" id="education">
</label></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="24"><div align="left">Experience Required:</div></td>
<td><label>
<input type="text" name="req_experience" id="req_experience">


</label></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="21">Post On:</td>
<td><select name="day" id="day">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($resultday) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['day']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>
-
<select name="month" id="month">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($resultmonth) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['month']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>
-
<select name="year" id="year">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($resultyear) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['year']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="21">Apply By:</td>
<td><select name="days" id="days">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($resultdays) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['day']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>
-
<select name="months" id="months">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($resultmonths) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['month']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>
-
<select name="years" id="years">
<?php while( $row = mysql_fetch_array($resultyears) ) { ?>
<option value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>"><?php echo $row['year']; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="325" valign="top"><div align="left">Job Description:</div></td>
<td valign="top"><label>
<textarea name="description" id="description" cols="60" rows="20"></textarea>
</label></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td height="26">&nbsp;</td>
<td><input type="submit" name="submit" id="button" value="Edit Job"></td>
</tr>
</table>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</form>
and here is my php
Code: [Select]<?php
if(isset($_POST['submit']))
{
$id = $_GET["id"];
$db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("jobolicious", $db);
$quizquery = "UPDATE jobs_uni SET column='{$data}' WHERE id='{$id}'" or die(mysql_error());
//echo $query;
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
259 Like 31 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

dropdown menu
Hello everbody,

I am php newbie.
I need to develop a program that once click the drop do

Best PHP Documentation generator
Hello guys!

I would like to hear from you what is the best PHP documentation generator. Perso

Help with forum quoting?
Hi im working on a forum and I have alomost finished it but i want a user quote system like twitter

User input in to variable
Hi all,

I'm sure this is very easy but I'm having another brain freeze!

At the end of

List/Menu Box
On an edit page when you want something to select what a user has previously selected from the datab

LIMIT $start, 10... how to pass last value queried into next page with GET??
Ok I know how to display the first or last 10 results of a query...

$result = mysql_query(&q

MySQL Primary key gap
Alright, so I have a table with 26 entries in it (id, filename, caption) for my image randomiser (ht

MySQL-PHP Query Results Help
Hello all. I'm hoping to be able to get some help in solving a problem with query/rowcount output. I

Cannot Connect to Database
I am writing an application to do annual reviews. I cannot get my script to work. Whenever it runs I

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash