Help with PHP Email Script


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie to php and need help with the script below:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
At the moment when I receive the automated email of data, I'm not receiving any information with the form field names I receive blank info and the html markup
eg:

Name:

Company:


and so on.

Also how can I make the from field in the email sent to me display as that of the user who has submitted the form and included his email in the form.

Site: http://experiment.treadeverywhere.com/itmb/contact.html
Script below:



Code: [Select]<?php

/* Subject and Email Variables */

$emailSubject = 'Crazy PHP Scripting!';
$webMaster = 'dazan@treadeverywhere.com';

/*Gathering Data Varialbes */

$forenameField = $_POST['forename'];
$companyField = $_POST['company'];
$positionField = $_POST['position'];
$addressField = $_POST['address'];
$cityField = $_POST['city'];
$potscodeField = $_POST['postcode'];
$telephoneField = $_POST['telephone'];
$emailField = $_POST['email'];
$businessmobilesField = $_POST['businessmobiles'];
$blackberrysolutionsField = $_POST['blackberrysolutions'];
$otherField = $_POST['other'];
$timescaleField = $_POST['timescale'];

$body = <<<EOD

<hr>

Name: $forename

Company: $company

Postion: $position

Address: $address

City: $city

Postcode: $postcode

Telephone: $telephone

Email: $email

Business Mobiles: $businessmobiles

Blackberry Solutions: $blackberrysolutions

Other: $other

Timescale: $timescale

EOD;

$success = mail($webMaster, $emailSubject, $body);

/*Results Rendered as html*/

$theResults = <<<EOD
<html>

<head>

<meta name="description" content="" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="author" content="Dazan Alyanai" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" />

<title>Unsupported Browser</title>

<link rel="shortcut icon" HREF="favicon.ICO">


<style type="text/css">
<!--

* {margin: 0; padding: 0}

body {font-size: 62%;
background-color: #666666;
font: 1em Arial, Verdana;
color: #333333;
}

#wrapper {margin: 10em auto;
padding-top: 0em;
position: relative;
padding: 1em;
width: 400px;
height: 200px;
background-color: #999999;

}
-->
</style>

</head>
<body>
<div id="wrapper">
<h1>! Unsupported Browser !</h1>


<p>This Browser has known compatibility issues with modern web standards.

We recommend installing or updating to one of the following browsers.</p>


<a href="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.5.3&os=osx&lang=en-US" style="float: right">Firefox</a><a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx">IE 7+</a>
</div>

</body>

</html>
EOD;
echo "$theResults";



?>
Thanks in advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
216 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SuperCali PHP Event Calendar
does anyone have any experience with the SuperCali PHP Event Calendar? I could use some assistance

Can't seem to capture a variable in a chained select
I'm *this* close to having a chained select running but for some reason it doesn't seem to be pickin

'210010106140040100' == '210010106140040101'
Debugging this simple line of a PHP script

Code: if($a == $b){ }
I've found that with val

Need to write a cookie with a url var
Not sure if its possible, but I need to write a cookie with a url.

So this would write 2232 a

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

SESSION question
I am building an application , a directory for auctions.
For SEO i made a script which copies a p

Formatting echo from database
So I have a database that stores First and last names, then echos them back to a website, as of now

Remove values in array2 from array1
I have two arrays.

Array 1 is where the array key holds various different numbers. For exampl

Delete all files in folder except with certain name
I have a script that I want to delete all files in a folder (taken from a database) except for one n

Accessing Infotype data in dialog program
Hi All
In Dialog programs attributes I didn't see any logical database field. How can I access

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash