Oracle Text CTX_DOC.snippet slow

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a table (FILE_TABLE) that contains a blob column (ft_file) and I have created the following Oracle Text Index on that table/file column....
CREATE INDEX MYSCHEMA.FILE_TABLE_CON_IDX on MYSCHEMA.FILE_TABLE(ft_file) indextype is ctxsys.context parameters ('datastore CTXSYS.DEFAULT_DATASTORE SYNC (on commit)');

When I search the table using SQL Developer, the queries return real fast... 0.03 seconds to return 389 rows....
select ft.jsatfa_id , ft.file_id ft_id , l.description , ft.file_name , score(1) score1 --, CTX_DOC.snippet( -- 'FILE_TABLE_CON_IDX' -- , ft.file_id -- , 'test' -- , '' -- , '' -- ) snippet from FILE_TABLE ft , lov l where ft.file_type_lov_id = l.lov_id and (contains(ft.ft_file,'test',1) > 0)

when I uncomment the CTX_DOC.snippet function the time slows right down to 25+ seconds...

Am I doing something wrong or is this standard functionality with CTX_DOC.snippet?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
55 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need Help with a query
Hello,
For some reason I am just not getting the right answer when I do this query and not quite

array & querys help/advice.
Ok so here goes , I have a mysql database and basically here's what I need to do.

// foreach

Get dump of MySQL DB from Live Site
I'm after an easy, but secure way of generating and importing a MySQL dump from a remote server.

License Issue - service type user
Hi,

I would like to understand the following issue regarding sap license.
I wish to

my sql select id and then update problem.
I need to select some auto incremented ids out of a database and then use those id in a where statem

why preg_match_all does not return the number of matches
My regex looks like

X[^x{4e00}-x{9fa5}]*Y

(where X and Y are two Chinese characters)

Looking for help reading a .txt or .ini file and outputting the info.
I have a file called Info.ini and It has the following info:
Code: [General]
Online=0
I wou

checkbox update
I am having a brain fart right now and i cant remember how to do this. if anyone could help that wou

dropdown menu
Hello everbody,

I am php newbie.
I need to develop a program that once click the drop do

Help with simple query
Hi,

I'm trying to do a Query with a Union where I want to print the number of rows $tc conta

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash