Pipe email to PHP - get mail adress from MySQL - send?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

this is the challenge:

1) Our faculty at the college where I'm employed includes quite a bit of freelancers that don't check the college mailbox quite as often as the administration would like.
2) I have created forwarders in the form firstname.lastname@ourcollege.com, forwarded to their private mailboxes. That has worked fine up until now.
3) Lately we implemented Moodle as a course platform. As Moodle relies on a MySQL backend, this gave me the idea that something much more flexible would be possible.

I would need a php script that

1) grabs the email piped from cPanel,

2) extracts the email address 'just before', that is, the part in the header that indicates where it were piped from (is that possible? - I'm talking about the last part in a rather complex group mail forwarding sceme, just before the pipe = (ie staff@ourcollege.com->teachers@ourcollege.com->firstname.lastname@ourcollege.com),

3) queries the MySQL database by this field (official_email) and brings back another related field (private_email),

4) forwards the original email to that private e-mail address.

This would give us the opportunity to have our "forwarders -> real mail adresses' list constantly up-to-date, as all the freelancers could keep their records up to date all by themselves through the moodle user front-end interface.

This is, however, beyond me. I know the basics of piping from cPanel, and some rudimental PHP and MySQL, but that's it. Any help would be most appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
103 Like 30 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help on code output
My CODE:

Code: [Select] echo "<phone>".$line["phone"].&qu

PHP template help
Ok, I don't know if anyone can help me but I am using PHP templates to make a site. I am a newbie an

Count number of records in all the tables with a querry URGENT PLEASE...
I downloaded ORACLE 9I DATA DUMP into my comp. There are number of tables. I need to find out the

ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters
Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain c

Rounding a number queried from a database
I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would

Lack of simpleXML Documentation
What is up with this.

Look at: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.simplexml-load-file.php<

DATEDIFF Question
First time post, and of course it is a help question.

I am using a WP plug-in to display prev

how to load a Sys file with system load and call images?
normally you need register the module as a service with CreateService, and start the service

Add code to enable passing of checkbox variable on login
Ok, I have a login page, but want to add a checkbox that when checked and successful login is made i

Cannot Display Array from Select Statement + Login question
Hi,
I'm new to PHP but so far so goog. I was assigend a project and I'm very close to completion.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash