Save remote XML to local website folder

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi, I hope you can help me out. I would like to be able to pull an XML file from another site and then store it in a local folder on my site. That way, I would only need to pull the xml file once in a while instead of every time someone opens that page.

here is a snippet of code I found, but the size of the saved XML file is smaller and is not consistently the same size of file. Some of the information gets lost.

$fp = fopen( 'http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.21640&lon=-112.63700&FcstType=dwml', 'r' );
$string = fread( $fp, 1024*9 );
fclose( $fp );

$fp = fopen( 'weather.xml', 'w' );
fwrite( $fp, $string );
fclose( $fp );

I hope I explained that

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
316 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

random generation
hi

i need help with generating this

numbers from 1-12

i want to generate in ran

Change Web page language
i doing this thing first time but i dont find any suitable solution for it. On the demand of user. I

TinyMCE / Ajax Postback Problem
Hiya all,

I have a page which loads the TinyMCE editor. On the postback I obviously want to f

Get ID from Database when Posting with a HTML Form
I have a form I am submitting to a MySql database. Each product has an ID # attached to it that auto

Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesmembers.php on line 16
I dont see the problem with this, I always get Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesme

Can I use a loop
Hi buddies!

Once again with my doubts here.

Right now I am using this sql stat

Why will this program not run if the variables are not global?
Hey guys I have a kind of perplexing situation that is probably simple, but I can't seem to understa

php mysql query from input textbox
Hi,

I have a text box, in that i have given the mysql query. I can able to get the query in v

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

Am i doing this wrong?
Im pulling from an Oracle database some info... one of which is a field count_pnums which is a NUMBE

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash