Not Inserting into DB


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I can't get my Add new Division form to submit to the database. Anyone see my issue?

Code: <?php
$e = <<<here
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<script src="./jscripts/scriptaculous/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="./jscripts/scriptaculous/scriptaculous.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="./jscripts/ajax.js"></script>
here;
switch ($_REQUEST['option']) {
case 0:
echo $e;
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Division Management</h1><br />
<h2 class=backstage>Divisions :: <a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/division.php?option=1', 'content'); return false;">Add New</a></h2><br />
<table width="100%" class="table1">
<tr class="rowheading">
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td>Name</td>
</tr>
<?php
$query = "SELECT * FROM efed_list_divisions";
$result = mysql_query ( $query );
$rows = mysql_num_rows($result);

if ($result) {
$i = 0;
while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array ( $result, MYSQL_ASSOC ) ) {
$sClass = 'row2';
if ($i++ % 2) $sClass = 'row1';
printf ( "<tr class="%s">", $sClass );
print "<td valign="top" align=center width=35><a href="#" onclick="ajaxpage('backstage_libs/division.php?option=2', 'content'); return false;">Edit</a></td>";
printf ( "<td valign="top">%s</td>", $row [name] );
echo '</tr>';
}
echo '</table>';
} else {
echo '<span>There are no divisions.</span><br />';
}
returnmain();
break;
case 1:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Division Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Add New Division</h2><br />
<form name="divisions" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="division" />
<table width="100%" class="table2">
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Division Name:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="name" class="fieldtext490"></td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<input type="hidden" name="newadded" value="true">
<input type="submit" value="Save Division" class="button"></form><br />
<form method="post"><input type="submit" value="Return to Division List" class="button200" name="return">
</form><br />
<?php
returnmain();
break;
case 2:
echo $e;
require_once('../backstagefunctions.php');
?>
<h1 class="backstage">Division Management</h1><br />
<h2 class="backstage">Edit Division</h2><br />
<form name="editdivision" method="post">
<table width="100%" class="table2">
<tr>
<td width="120" class="rowheading" valign="center">Division:</td><td class="row3"><input type="text" name="division" class="fieldtext490" value=""></td>
</tr>
</table><br />
<center>
<input type="checkbox" name="deletedivision"><span class="table1heading">Delete Division?</span><br /><br />
<input type="submit" value="Edit Division" class=button name="editdivision"><br /><br />
<input type="button" value="Return to Divisions List" class="button200"><br /><br />
</form>
<?php
returnmain();
break;
}
function division() {
if ((!empty($_POST['newadded'])) && (!empty($_POST['divisions']))) {
$name = mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['name']);
$query = "INSERT INTO `efed_list_divisions` (name) VALUES ('".$name."')";
if (mysql_query($query)) {
//success
} else {
//fail
}
}
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
156 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

insert/update functions for mysql, what do you think?
I am working on two really simple functions that automatically generate (and execute) insert and upd

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

a function to check directory depth
I'm working on a php script to upload files in to a set directory.
the user can select to upload

Probably Easy, Need help with Check Boxes in PHP Code
hello,

Thanks for looking this over and helping me out. My problem is I have a online store l

Limiting uploaded file type
Hi. First post here
I am working on a simple upload script, and I need it to limit the allowed f

User information
Hi All,
By using t-code SUIM we get all the user details,if suppose we donot have permission t

Relative path
I have a absolute path to an image - like so: C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/

Different payment methods with different cross company requirements in F110
We are implementing SAP in a company in the shipping industry. They have the following requirement:<

php forms and database navigatio
Hello,
I'm new to php and i'd like to post the following.
I have written code to get records f

PHP mail() returns true but doesn't work
First off I apologize if this is a newbie question, and I generally don't like asking questions that

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash