problem in program for counting no of chars using pointers


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all, I was trying to make a program which counts number of chars in a string using concpt of pointers. Following is the code:

#include
#include
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
void main()
{
char *ptr1;
int ctr=0;
clrscr();

printf("Enter the string");
gets(ptr1);
while(1)
{

if(*ptr1!='/O')

{ *++ptr1; // *ptr1++;
ctr++;}
if(*ptr1 ='')
{
break;}
}
printf("Total chars are %d",ctr+1);
getch();
}

Above program compiles w/o errors but gives 2 warnings :
Line 14: Constant out of range in comparison.
Line 18: Possibly incorrect assignment.

I think I code it perfectly and I fail to interpret these warnings.
Note: If I execute the program ignoring the warning then once I pass the string the system comes to an halt and to come out I have to press ctrl+Pause break.
Pls help me to fix the error.....

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
229 Like 34 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How to assign JS screen.width to ASP.Net variable
I've got this ASP.net routine that gets the cookie value of the screen width, but now I need to chan

$get problem
Hi Guys ...

can you please tell me what i am doing wrong here
Code: <?php

MASS PM
Hello all, I'm trying to send mass private messages to users in my database but keep getting an erro

Calculus Help (and by help I mean homework)
Hrmmm, I hate posting about math homework, partly because it's homework, and partly because I hate w

Storing Values taken from a DB...
Using this code it will generate a short list from my database

<?php
mysql_connect

Change of partner analyse in sales orders
Hello,

I changed the partner analyse for sales orders and added a new mandatory partnerro

Need some ideas as to how to go about sorting this array...
Here's how the array's are created..

Code: <?php
while ($x = readdir($dp)) {

Two fgetcsv related questions ;D
First of im trying to get a file from a merchants server but the directory is protected, I know the

captcha error
I have been trying to implement a captcha in php...

here is the code..
Code: (php) [Select

Need help/w Page: 1,2,3,4 function!
So I have this code im working on where it's ment to display seperate pages having 20 logs each
I

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash