Problem with php's rename function


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempts to copy the users xml file(i stored all users information, in xml files as a backup of my database). They're all located in a folder named "xml", which is located in the root directory of my website, as is 'delete_user.php'. What i want to do is, that the file name is changed when the person's user account is deleted. Here's the code i've tried to do it with, i get an 'invalid directory / file error' when i try to run the script.

Code: <?php $path = "/xml/";
// you cannot see it here, but $login contains a username. (The username is the name of the file)
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
// eg. an user named "sharal" would have an associated xml file named "sharal.xml"
// this is not exactly what i want it to do, but it simply renames the file with it's original name
// and adds "old" behind it
$file = $login;
$old = "old";
$new_path = $login . $old;

rename($path.$file.".xml", $path.$new_path.".xml"); ?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
102 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Bar charts using Graphical Framework.
I am using Graphical Frameworks(GFW) to create a chart Graphic . There is no problem with the data d

Add_Months not Easy to Understand
Oracle is number 1, very fast and very easy. But....
OK, I think but have a problem, only 1 pro

Linking with Foreign Keys
I have been getting an erro when I try and link:

create table Faculty_Specialty (I_Name v

Table control is disappearing from Screen
Hi Experts,

I have a screen with multiple table control(TC). Each table control has two c

Filtering for a phrase using pregmatch
Here is my code which looks for addresses which start with ' src=" '

Code: [Select]preg_

socket makes browser hang...
I have a socket server, and I am having a problem at the moment...

A browser sends a http hea

Multidimensional array problems in $_POST
I'm having trouble with a three-dimensional $_POST array. It starts as a two-dimensional array on th

Need help making login verification cleaner...
I use the below to verify user login. I first check the cookie for the id, ip and a unique id. If it

Points for Wiki contribution
Hi everyone,

I want to know how long does it take for the moderator to award points for a

Grouping and sorting results
Please help with this query.

I have 2 tables in a database, countires and cities. states look

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash