Problem with php's rename function

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So, i'm having a problem with the php rename function. Basically my script 'delete_user.php' attempts to copy the users xml file(i stored all users information, in xml files as a backup of my database). They're all located in a folder named "xml", which is located in the root directory of my website, as is 'delete_user.php'. What i want to do is, that the file name is changed when the person's user account is deleted. Here's the code i've tried to do it with, i get an 'invalid directory / file error' when i try to run the script.

Code: <?php $path = "/xml/";
// you cannot see it here, but $login contains a username. (The username is the name of the file)
// eg. an user named "sharal" would have an associated xml file named "sharal.xml"
// this is not exactly what i want it to do, but it simply renames the file with it's original name
// and adds "old" behind it
$file = $login;
$old = "old";
$new_path = $login . $old;

rename($path.$file.".xml", $path.$new_path.".xml"); ?>

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
102 Like 9 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

values not being entered into table
hi. I;ve created a form, so that when a user enters data into it, it gets added to a table in a data

problem with php server update from mid 2009
Hi,

I have this navigation menu on 2 websites which used to work just fine. After a recent up

Keeping track of php uploads
Hello all.

I was looking at the way PHP handles file uploads.
It seems that PHP uses a tem

need help in update query
hi
i have a dynamic form. i need help in how can i use update query when values from dynamic for

ALV List display - header width adjust
Hi,

I am using REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY for my ALV display.The width of the ALV varies for

Change log of Cost centre change in Plant maintenance order
Hi,
How to view Change log of Cost centre in Plant maintenance order. Not visible thru 'Docume

IDOC error
Hi, When i send IDOC from ECC system to MII there is no problem ECC side, i says message sent succe

ALV grid with 2 headers
Hi Gurus,

I need to display ALV GRID as below.

Header1

unoconv doc convert to pdf code prob
PHP/5.3.1

Hi. I am trying to use this code to convert docs to .pdf utilizing unoconv. Howe

Little problem with form insertion in MySQL, Please help!!!
Hi!,

I'm a little bit new with php and I have a little issue here. I created a webform to ins

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash