quick basic question, hopefully not dumb


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I don't know how to search for this, so forgive me if it's been covered...

I often see an example like this:
$a = $b . " " . $c; // concatenate strings with space
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with this method:
$a = "$b $c";

I can see that maybe the 1st method is more clear as to intention, but I'm not sure if it's really worth the extra trouble. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
276 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

my login script page is not working on remote computers
hi my login is working on my computer, but when i tried 2 computers from 2 different locations, they

adding 0 to numbers
Hey guys i need to create a 00001 number in a loop. Is there a better way of forcing a 5 digit numbe

SMTP server...
I recently found a tutorial online on SMTP authentification for sending emails from webpages, here i

SQL Query/echo not working
Hey all,

I'm trying to run (what I thought) was a simple operation and it isn't working. I h

How to load mysql (and other) extensions into PHP
How to load mysql (and other) extensions into PHP PHP Development forum discussing coding practices,

Comma seperated implode & modifying returned string.
I have a PHP post form that posts up to 4 variables. I need whatever variables are passed to be comb

noob cURL help
I have a pretty basic form that I need to cURL post to a file in my includes folder (includes/login.

Rounding a number queried from a database
I know that to display a rounded number you just do echo "round($number)";. But how would

Specific name typed, specific image shown on html page
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

UPLOAD IMAGES NOT WORKING!
Hi there i have a upload script in which it uploads the picture to a folder than creates two thumbna

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash