Simple Question

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I know this is a simple question, that if I knew what it was technically called i could probably look up and find the answer for myself. However, I don't know what its called, and of all the books I have none of them mention or use this.

Anyway in my searches from time to time when i'm stuck on something looking for samples or more information on particular functions in php I come across something some has done for an example that has "@" in front of it or something similar, usually "@". Why is that used, what does it signify? and is there other characters used in a similar fashion to when someone uses "@".

So all in all I am curious. I just want to know what it is, what it does, if theres any specific doc on the use of "@" and or similar characters

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
156 Like 53 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Can you help please? Php file
I have to write this php file to allow users to register their nicknames on nickserv

For an I

How to make URL loads only on login
On my page, when a user login he's redirects to user_home.php. I made it also to open the chat scree

Problem with array max size.
Hi to everyone,
I've got a homework about filling a bidimensional array un spiral shape, I alre

Convert .fdf to .pdf
I currently have a web form that uploads the form data to an .fdf file and emails it.

However

Effort Estimation Template for Steady State Support
Hi Everyone,

Is there any SAP provided template/format for system change and enhancements

Procedural to OOP
John Kleijn said that to avoid writing "crappy code", we should learn OOP and common OO pr

Results from Db outputted twice
Hey guys.. for come reason my data is outputted twise shown in the image below and i cant figure out

Socket programming
Hello all,

I have a PHP socket script. GPS trackers connect to this socket. IMEI verification

MS are the best!!!
Visit http://www.microsoft.com/australia/windows/default.aspx?h=watch-a-demo and click the massive '

Passing PHP variables from one page to another
Hello-

I'm having trouble figuring out how to transport a variable from one php file to anoth

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash