Simpler method of getting variables from mysql


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to me that there might be an easier way to get variables from a mysql query and that if anyone knew how to do it, it would be you guys.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Here is the code I use now:

Code: // Pulls the data from the database
$dblookup = "SELECT moduleID, menu_name, stylesheet_name, display_name, has_menu, access_control, installed, compatible, active FROM core_modules WHERE moduleID=" . $_GET['ID'];
$data = mysql_query($dblookup) or die('Failed to return data: ' . mysql_error());
/* sorts the data into variables and puts them in an array ready to be called when needed */
list($moduleID, $menu_name, $stylesheet_name, $display_name, $has_menu, $access_control, $installed, $compatible, $active) = mysql_fetch_array($data, MYSQL_NUM);
}
Is there a way I can just do SELECT * FROM and then have it automatically extract the data into variables based on the column name?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
203 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Why do I get this error?
Error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or

ScriptResource.axd gives an error on fresh install of ASP.NET Ajax 1.0
Hello,I have a fresh install of Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax 1.0. When I create an Ajax enabled website in

How to read posted binary data from a mobile device and post it to a web server?
Here is the senario...

I have a mobile device (MD) that posts binary data to a Web Server (WS

Inserting a check in checkbox from array value
Hello all,
I have a bit of code that works for a select option box, but does not work for my chec

array & querys help/advice.
Ok so here goes , I have a mysql database and basically here's what I need to do.

// foreach

Navigation include for all site directories
Hi,

I need a navigation include that can deal with directories at different levels on a site.

Significance of BPM
Hi Experts,
I am a novice in BPM , I just want to know how BPM as permenant department is

Option box to change variable
Hello, i need help by making a script!

I need to write a file with option box, so a dropdown

login from external site
Hi my new experience begins, Now what i am trying to do is i make three pages, login.php logout.php

Multiple WHILE loops help
Hi there. I'm writing an application that is pulling and displaying results for real estate listing

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash