Simpler method of getting variables from mysql

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to streamline my CMS's code and as I was writing a new page it occured to me that there might be an easier way to get variables from a mysql query and that if anyone knew how to do it, it would be you guys.

Here is the code I use now:

Code: // Pulls the data from the database
$dblookup = "SELECT moduleID, menu_name, stylesheet_name, display_name, has_menu, access_control, installed, compatible, active FROM core_modules WHERE moduleID=" . $_GET['ID'];
$data = mysql_query($dblookup) or die('Failed to return data: ' . mysql_error());
/* sorts the data into variables and puts them in an array ready to be called when needed */
list($moduleID, $menu_name, $stylesheet_name, $display_name, $has_menu, $access_control, $installed, $compatible, $active) = mysql_fetch_array($data, MYSQL_NUM);
}
Is there a way I can just do SELECT * FROM and then have it automatically extract the data into variables based on the column name?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
203 Like 16 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Scene graph using Direct3D?
There are several C++ scene graph based packages available for OpenGl, like say OSG,

http://w

database design
Hi,

I got a page which allow candidate to type in their previous working experience,
I let

Changes to hosting company's server has affected web contact form
I started a thread a couple of months ago about the contact forms on my client's website. Basically

pageination not working right... coping images over 4 pages
Code: <?php //This code will obtain the required page number from the $_GET array. Note that

Upload simple problem
Really confused!! I run once and it worked, but when i tried today...it didn't work

Which par

Help a newbee save my job !
Hey guys i am dying here i am new to php and would like for someone to help me with this problem

Custom array sort? asc then desc
Any ideas how I could sort this array? I've been trying for a while. Maybe with usort, but I have no

Get content from table into a list, without repeating.
Alright this is kinda an odd thing, so I need some help.

I have a table "quote" wit

Regarding accessing SQL query issued by any user in Oracle 10g
Hi all,
i want to know the queries issued by various users accessing a database...

query help
Hi experts.

i have a table rep2 like this
PROD_COD ACCT_NO DUE_DAYS BALANCE

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash