simplexml_load_file and rss problem

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi,

I have a problem parsing an rss feed using simplexml_load_file - this is strange as i have used the same code to parse literally 1000s of different feeds in the past, and even stranger in that if i put the feed source on our server as a .xml file then my code parses it successfully.

The relevant code snippet:
$xml = simplexml_load_file("http://www.quidco.com/blog/?feed=rss2",'SimpleXMLElement', LIBXML_NOCDATA);

The errors i get are:
Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http://www.quidco.com/blog/?feed=rss2:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in [my php script]
Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: 2977 in [my php script]
Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: ^ in [my php script]

Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated thanks

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
161 Like 33 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

printing links
Hi every1

i am connecting to a table in sql and the looping through with a while ($ var = my

simple script won't work. Please help
I'm new to php, and I am having trouble displaying a simple script in my web browser. My php code ex

Simple code help with redirects
I am trying to figure out a redirect script that detects if the browser is IE 7 and if it does, redi

ImageCreate()
When I create an image and add text to it I want my text to be replaced with a PNG image, because th

Filename like the user name
I am creating a form and storing the values in file. Could anyone please tell me how to write a code

php/xmlrpc class issue
I am working on xml-rpc in php to start with.

I have a class that only has variables defined

sql problems
I am having a small problem with my sql statement. it is inserting into 4 of the fields.

fie

php require help needed
Ok i tried to use the search funtion but the word require is everywhere.

i'm really new to cr

validating url
im trying to validate url's sent to me by a form
the url's im collecting are for placing banners

SAP Management Console is blank
Dear All ,

I am facing problem in my des sever suddely in SAP Management Console is blank and

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash