Slashes

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Have a small problem and I'm not able to understand why I'm getting the results I'm getting... and it's all down to darn slashes.

The brand in question is O'Brien

Code: [Select]<div><a href="javascript:void(0)"onclick="window.open('/admin/popup/shop.php?tbl=brands&brand=<? echo addslashes($row["brand"]); ?>&brandId=<? echo $row["brandId"]; ?>&action=edit&step=1', 'none', 'width=750,height=250,menubar=no,status=no,resizable=no,location=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,left=50,top=50,titlebar=no')">EDIT</a></div>

The addslashes is giving me the result O\'Brien - 3 slashes, not 2!

Therefore when we are preparing to use a form to input it back into the database:

Code: [Select]<input name="brand" type="text" value="<? echo mysql_real_escape_string(urldecode(stripslashes($_GET["brand"]))); ?>" />

It's being entered as O'Brien - still with a slash, instead of O'Brien...

Any ideas?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
319 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Need help: how to catch acess of undefined class properties
Hello. I am learning OO with PHP and have hit a problem.
Some code runs as perfectly valid code,

Mail from PHP form not always ending up in my inbox?
Hi guys,

I'm a real newbie to PHP and have managed to put together a simple mail form that se

array_map() probably obvious mistake
The code below is part of a class to escape strings, but should also accept an array, using array_ma

how to use two buttons with php
hi i have one form. there are three fields which are to be filled by the user. and then there are tw

RSS feed - FeedList for WordPress
Hi,

I'm trying to alter the FeedList plugin for WordPress so that I can click on the title of

j1inmis Ouput layout changes
Hi,

Can anybody tell how can j1inmis output layout can be changed so that vendor names ge

PHP Display Telephone Number On Referrer
I have used the php below to show a different telephone number in the header of the site depending u

Relative path
I have a absolute path to an image - like so: C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/

Please help understand this code
I noticed the index page on my site was modified this morning and found this code inserted at the bo

How to store checkbox array in a session, and then be able to add to it?
I'm trying to store an array of checkbox values into a session array, sort of like a shopping cart,

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash