Structure Question - One Table or One Table Per Record Set?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a web app (mySQL and PHP) which allows people to create an item with up to 200 records which I store in a single table. Any user subscribing to that item will be pulling up to 4 records from the original 100 records each time they load a page. Sometimes the 4 records are chosen randomly and could take many selects to get 4 correct records.

I expect thousands of items to be created, which could lead to millions of records and thousands of millions (I think they call them billions) of selects.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Will this approach scale or should I be creating new tables for each set of records? This could lead to thousands of tables on the DB. Any problems there?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
265 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP4 to PHP5 Conversion
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a site that is built up on PHP4 and each page is being started f

New to Arrays
Hi I am new to PHP (a week and a half now) and I am just beginning to read about arrays. I understan

Parse Error Help
Hello, I got the parse error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in register.php on line

displaying unknown amount of results
I am reading a directory and getting a list of folders in the directory, I want to display the folde

Can I use a loop
Hi buddies!

Once again with my doubts here.

Right now I am using this sql stat

DBCA Templates
Hi all,

I'm working on creating a template for DBCA, but can't find any documentation on the

Not showing whole name with mail () script
I sent up a simple mail form with the PHP mail() script. One problem is when it sends an email with

How to Detect it is public_html or httpdocs?
How to check whether it is cPanel or Plesk?

If it found public_html perform <?php incl

Dump with added_funcion cl_salv_table
Hi there, I'm having some troubles adding a self defined function to an ALV in fullscreen. The thing

column name cancatenation within PL/SQL
I have a PLSQL store procedure, and the following statement is part of a subquery
fname||lnam

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash