ctype() validation - allowing illegal characters

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
I use ctype() to filter and validate a user form. However, I am trying to allow certain characters.

Example:

Code: //Validate Copay
$allow = array('$', '.');

if (!empty($copay) && strlen($copay) < 6 || strlen($copay) > 8) { // IF copay is not empty and not between 6 and 8 characters
$error .= 'COPAY has a maximum of 8 characters. An example of a maximum $0000.00, and a minimum $00.00.<br />';
$output_form = true;
}

if (!empty($copay) && !ctype_digit(str_replace($allow), '', $copay)) { // IF copay is not empty and contains illegal characters (Allow $ and .)
$error .= 'COPAY contains illegal characters.<br />';
$output_form = true;
}
With this example, my test comes back containing illegal characters. I've tried changing it here and there, but get the same results. Thank you!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
236 Like 34 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Syntax Help
I'm trying to make a form that edits a php file which contains config settings. I'm using strings t

How to login with SAPCPIC userid
I have changed the Password for SAPCPIC in Development Server for 000,001 and 100 client.
But w

ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock Issue
This is what I haveview plaincopy to clipboardprint?Protected Sub posrback_Click(ByVal sender As Obj

Using Windows message as a Handle
Hi,

I am writing one of my first multithreaded programs.

In one of the thread,

This is driving me nuts!
This insert query looks to be alright, however I get this error:

QuoteYou have an error in yo

Form always sends to error page...
Hello,
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am having trouble getting multiple fields to be re

Display last record first.
I need some help how put the last record first and first record last.

Thanks

Code: &am

Not Loading Function Into Div
I'm not sure whether to put this under the php forum or ajax forum but because I tink it's more of a

I need help on this PHP code
Hi everybody, I made some kind of mistake while editing the code below. As you see, at the 3 row my

need to add "sizes" to shopping cart
Hey guys, I am trying to figure out a way to add a "size" selector on to this bit of code.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash