need help with date function


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

i have following form for date

Code: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="date.php">
<label>Date:
<select name="day" id="day">
<option value="1">1</option>
<option value="2">2</option>
<option value="3">3</option>
<option value="4">4</option>
<option value="5">5</option>
</select>
</label>
-
<label>
<select name="month" id="month">
<option value="1">Jan</option>
<option value="2">Feb</option>
<option value="3">Mar</option>
<option value="4">Apr</option>
<option value="5">May</option>
</select>
</label>
-
<label>
<select name="year" id="year">
<option value="2000">2000</option>
<option value="2001">2001</option>
<option value="2002">2002</option>
<option value="2003">2003</option>
<option value="2004">2004</option>
</select>
</label>
<p>
<label>
<input type="submit" name="button" id="button" value="Submit">
</label>
</p>
</form>
</body>
</html>

and here is the php page

Code: <?php
$day = $_POST["day"];
$month = $_POST["month"];
$year = $_POST["year"];

$date = date($day." ".$month." ".$year);
//$date = date("Y m d");
echo $date;
$db = mysql_connect("localhost");
mysql_select_db("test", $db);
$query = "insert into date
(
date
)
values
(
'".$date."'
)";
//echo $query;
$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());

echo "your date is added";
?>
when i select any date from form and press submit button it adds only this 0000-00-00 to my table. i want date to be inserted to my table not 0s. how can i solve this problem
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
78 Like 11 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Help with echo()
I'm having some problems with this code:

Code: echo '
<A HREF="jav

http to https
Hi,

Is there any specific method/condition to move an http:// page to https:// ?

javascript in php code causes page to display white
Hi All,

Odd one this, I've got the following code (below) which is a simple log in form. The

Quick variable question
hey guys/gals,
im trying to write a php script and it works fine as i have it, but i need to set

Create or replace package is ending ORA-21700
Database 9.2.0., patch 8 (9.2.0.8.0).
I trying run
create or replace package ....etc.

Checking if variable is 0 as opposed to NULL/Empty...
I'm trying to write some code that will retrieve a user's access level from my database and if it do

Extending Exception to contain method name
I was wondering, if there's a way to extend Exception in such a way, that it would contain name of a

Probably a simple error...
I'm getting the error -- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/content/c/s/t/csteffen24

Merger of 6 sister companies under one flagship company after go live
Dear Experts,
I need one help regarding Merger of sister companies of same group. currently we

Probably Easy, Need help with Check Boxes in PHP Code
hello,

Thanks for looking this over and helping me out. My problem is I have a online store l

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash