TemplatePower & AJAX

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing some AJAX features in my PHP-framework (which is based on TemplatePower) and I have encountered a problem:

I have a block which holds a message-div. This block is called upon (with the ->newBlock() method) by my message class. This way of showing message has worked great up until now (because every time a message should been shown, the page should be reloaded anyway).

But now I want to show a message when I click on a checkbox WITHOUT reloading the page. As I expected I received following error:
Code: Fatal error: Call to a member function newBlock() on a non-object in /home/www.myurl.com/message.php on line 28

And on line 28 i call $tpl->newBlock("MESSAGE"); where $tpl is an instance of TemplatePower.

As I didn't find a clear tutorial/solution for this via Google I'm presenting this problem to you guys: Is there an easy way to keep my current structure (with the template blocks) and let AJAX make use of this? Or should I rethink the structure?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
231 Like 34 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

what business processes?
Hi,

A general question. What business processes (like OTC - Order to Cach, P2P, R2R etc)

Credit card verification
I have a client who wants to process credit card transactions from his web site rather than the goin

Add a sign-up feature to a flat file login script
I'm working on a flat file login script and I would like to add a sign-up feature to it with a email

Checking if variable is 0 as opposed to NULL/Empty...
I'm trying to write some code that will retrieve a user's access level from my database and if it do

Querying info from one table based on info in another
Hi, I am currently trying to make a part for my user driven website where one user can subscribe to

Getting Subdomain Name With PHP?
I want to grab the subdomain name with PHP so I can generate database queries.

for example my

Need PHP help... have all the elements... just need help putting them together :
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I am doing a website for a client which

convert pps to wsf with php'how?
hi
i want to convert with php
PowerPoint file to swf file(flash)
how please?
thank!!!

string to currency format
Hi guys...

Actually I chunk out some data from txtfile and one of the data contains amount va

PHP FTP Can't upload Big FIles
Anyone had any success using FTP to upload a file say 90m?

im using ftp_put and it returns fa

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash