Timer control causing error

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I recently decided to add a timer control to an existing page that uses AJAX on my site. As soon as I added the timer control and ran my app, I started getting the following error:Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered before PreRender.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Script controls may not be registered before PreRender.]
System.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptControl(TScriptControl scriptControl) +236
System.Web.UI.Timer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +75
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +77
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +161
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360
I've been using AJAX on this page for months. Why is this timer control suddenly causing me to get a control validation error? Chopped down version of the front end code:1 2 3 4 5 6 The error occurs on page load. I don't get any compilation errors. Any thoughts?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
81 Like 43 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Data Function is Its Not working IN IE8
This is my first time to use formums. I hope i can get solution for this problem. view plaincopy to

chat
hello i'm amir i need a chat source code in asp.net 2.0 without Ajax. anybody can help me?

Help a newbee save my job !
Hey guys i am dying here i am new to php and would like for someone to help me with this problem

PHP friend keyword equivalent
is there a PHP equivalent for the C++ friend keyword?

Help with page encoding issue and weird characters
I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interes

Upload Code Help
Hi everyone I need some help with a bit of code ive been working with for a while. I am completely s

Having a problem get the selected item from a drop down menu
I have been looking at this for days now.

I have a drop down menu that get it's values from a

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

Regarding accessing SQL query issued by any user in Oracle 10g
Hi all,
i want to know the queries issued by various users accessing a database...

Displaying data from database into a 2 dimensional table
Good day!

I'm a beginner in PHP and I'm not expecting a full coding for this qestion. I'm jus

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash