Tracking Unique Clicks

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys and gals,

Basically I have a database which tracks clicks on my outbound links, I do this by linking to a page like so...

/redirect.php?id=1

The page then reads the id and increments the click column in the database before selecting the link and redirecting.

I need it to only count the click if its from a unique IP for the link, what would be the best way to do this?

I was thinking of having another table with columns "IP" and "link_id", Then I could check the IP against the list of IP's for the current link. If its not there then add it and add the click, otherwise only redirect.

I want to find the best method before I start to try and code this so any help is appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
91 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Code error with Index.php
Error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/runevid/public_

check how many commas the variable containing the query has between [i]select[/i
Hi...

iv made an sql table that contains id number - name of sql query and an sql query.
T

generating random codes
Hi guys n gals,

I have a requirement to generate 250,000 unique codes...

These codes a

Confusing Functions
So, I've been reading up on Functions and I like them! However, I need some help using variables in

data type in column definition
Hi,
I create a table with column called "Direction of Travel code ".
The travel codes in t

xml element exists
Code: [Select]<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Addresses>
<

SQL query not working well
Hi,
I made a small table with 5 rows and want to make them an sql consult using rownum

File upload issues
Hi Guys,

Can anyone see any issues with this code:
Code: [Select]$setImage= 'productimages

Variable uses and placement
I'm new to PL/SQL and am trying to learn about variable valid uses/placement (any pointers to any do

mySQL and PHP search
Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash