Tracking Unique Clicks

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys and gals,

Basically I have a database which tracks clicks on my outbound links, I do this by linking to a page like so...

/redirect.php?id=1

The page then reads the id and increments the click column in the database before selecting the link and redirecting.

I need it to only count the click if its from a unique IP for the link, what would be the best way to do this?

I was thinking of having another table with columns "IP" and "link_id", Then I could check the IP against the list of IP's for the current link. If its not there then add it and add the click, otherwise only redirect.

I want to find the best method before I start to try and code this so any help is appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
91 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Trigger tag in aspx is not coming
hi all ,iam new to ajax, iam using file upload inside the update pannel but right now i want to use

Clean URLs
Hi I was wandering if anyone has ever implemented URLs on their PHP run website using URLS like wiki

PHP MySQL and DATE
Hi everyone

I have a databse and in one of the columns I have date values such as 2009-March-

How can I Compare two xml documents?
Hi all,

I am doing a POC for my project and I am using XE database 10g version.

if else problem, help please
i have this script that i made only i try to also put in a if else for for some reason the script is

add 20 000 to the rowcnt
Hi ...
I need to add 20 000 to the row count but just cant find a way to do this i am new to php

Forum tutorial
Im a beginner in PHP. Im making a forum(previous questbook, counter and few others) to learn. For no

output printing as hexadecmal... XD
Everything works except the calcem call for the totusold and totuprice. The out put shows up as hex.

query based on 2 conditions
I want to select if the doc_type is either s OR f but this doesn't work:

Code: [Select]$query

Need help making a blockquote and line items conditional
I have some code I bought a few years ago that allows my clients to update content on their site usi

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash