Tracking Unique Clicks

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys and gals,

Basically I have a database which tracks clicks on my outbound links, I do this by linking to a page like so...

/redirect.php?id=1

The page then reads the id and increments the click column in the database before selecting the link and redirecting.

I need it to only count the click if its from a unique IP for the link, what would be the best way to do this?

I was thinking of having another table with columns "IP" and "link_id", Then I could check the IP against the list of IP's for the current link. If its not there then add it and add the click, otherwise only redirect.

I want to find the best method before I start to try and code this so any help is appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
91 Like 24 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

change text color with a jQuery code
Hihow can I change the text in a asp:TextBox to a different color when I start typing using jQuery?I

Adding to an Int row in db
Hi, i have a database which houses all of the users of my site. One of the columns is for points whi

RadioButtonList data selection
view plaincopy to clipboardprint?

DELETE FROM not working deletes wrong row
Hello

I have the following code which i found but it doesnt work properly.. it comes up with

Using unserialize()
Hi there.

I have some data in my database that is serialized.

e.g.

a:2:{i:0

TabControl Inside ListView Not Editing
Hello everybodyI have a ListView on my page. Inside the ListView I put a TabControl, cuz I want to p

Forgot password won't work
My forgot password thing is not working properly. It is giving me this errorMailbox unavailable. The

Required to login help
I'm trying to set up my site so users have to be logged into the forum to access the site.I've been

How can i use [] tags instead of <> tags for profiles??
On my site im making ive made it so u can register, login and u have a profile which u can update..<

Calculating a rating by adding number of points and dividing by number of items
I have a site that users can post links to files to download. They can rate these files on a 1-5 sca

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash