Tree Menu

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me making a tree navigation system? I have a site where I'm allowing users to upload their files to share with each other. They can create folders, but I'm having real trouble working out how to give the folders 'depth', i.e. folder within a folder within a folder...

If I could print out an xml file of the folder structure, that would be amazing, but I have no idea how to go about it. All the folders are stored within a database (with info such as their names, permissions, owners etc), as well as being physically stored on my hard disk (this is all just local at the moment).

If I can make an xml file then I can just use a Flex tree component and save myself a lot of time. If anyone has any other ideas or techniques I'd love to hear about them. Also, at present all the folders are actually stored side by side with each other, its the database that tells them how deep they are, but when I get this tree system up and running i think I'll be in a much better place to sort that out.

Thank you

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
90 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Parse Error with doctype
I'm getting a parse error with this simple code. I don't get it. It worked one time then when I relo

User feedback after MySQL query has been executed
Hi all, I've just registered on PHPFreaks because I've got a question that I simply can't work out b

Echo Tweaking help!
HI. I would like to have the output of the entered variables repeat forever, but it's stopping at th

need help with php get
i have a option box that gets filled with dates, but how do i get once the option value has been cli

Can I call a class inside a function?
I have a class written in another file that handles my image resizing.

Can I do this (php say

Table colours fail when extra row added
Hey Gurus,

I got a weird problem with formating the colour of a table made in php. Everything

Referential Integrity problem when inserting into 2 tables at same time
Hello Everyone,

Im relativity new to PHP and MySQL and i have come up against a problem. i h

Connection Timeout
I'm using xmii 12.0

I'm calling a transaction as a web service from a windows application

Insert data in Mysql and move to another page
I'm stuck with this simple problem. I need to insert data in Mysql and then hit submit and move to a

Is there a way to override built in php functions without APD?
I am trying to use the
rename_function()
override_function()
options that are built into

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash