Tree Menu


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me making a tree navigation system? I have a site where I'm allowing users to upload their files to share with each other. They can create folders, but I'm having real trouble working out how to give the folders 'depth', i.e. folder within a folder within a folder...

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
If I could print out an xml file of the folder structure, that would be amazing, but I have no idea how to go about it. All the folders are stored within a database (with info such as their names, permissions, owners etc), as well as being physically stored on my hard disk (this is all just local at the moment).

If I can make an xml file then I can just use a Flex tree component and save myself a lot of time. If anyone has any other ideas or techniques I'd love to hear about them. Also, at present all the folders are actually stored side by side with each other, its the database that tells them how deep they are, but when I get this tree system up and running i think I'll be in a much better place to sort that out.

Thank you
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
90 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

File upload issues
Hi Guys,

Can anyone see any issues with this code:
Code: $setImage= 'productimages/' . dat

PHP Session Issue
I'm having an issue with one section on my website dealing with sessions. Now I know that myself and

How to use Ajax to verify data on a DB ?
Hello everyone, well i want to know how to check a value if it exists or not on a Data base and capt

Why does my crawler script suddenly end with no error?
Hi.

I have written a web crawler script. It will visit a large number of URL's with cURL.

Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!
hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data

how can we add data from dynamic fields to mysql db in php
i have a script which i found on the internet. i modify that script according to my needs. what is i

Storing user data help?
Hey Guys,

I'm not use if this question is to broad but I can always give you more informatio

displaying unknown amount of results
I am reading a directory and getting a list of folders in the directory, I want to display the folde

Can't find the problem (no error message)!
OK, here's the deal. This code is really weirdly formatted (sorry!) and hard to understand, so I'm g

quick basic question, hopefully not dumb
I don't know how to search for this, so forgive me if it's been covered...

I often see an exa

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash