Update Database


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi All,


I have a problem with this:
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();
include('../common/dbconnect.php');
$stock_id = $_GET['stock_id'];



$query='SELECT * FROM users_stocks WHERE user_id ="' . $_SESSION['user_id'] . '"';
$result = mysql_query($query, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
extract($row);
$query1="SELECT t_val FROM stocks WHERE stock_id = '$stock_id'";
$result1 = mysql_query($query1, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$rows = mysql_fetch_array($result1);
extract($rows);
$query2="SELECT quant FROM users_stocks_details WHERE stock_id = '$stock_id' AND user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$result2 = mysql_query($query2, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$rows2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2);
extract($rows2);

//the values
$t = $row['total'];
$b = $row['bank'];
$t_val=$rows['t_val'];
$q = $_GET['quantity'];
$quant =$rows2['quant'];


//sums
$newb = $q * $t_val + $b;
$newt = $t + $newb;
$newquant = $quant - $q;

//the interesting bit

if ($q == 0)
{
echo "You Dont Have Any Stocks To Sell!";

}

if ($q > 0)

{
$updatebank = "UPDATE users_stocks SET bank = $newb WHERE user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$updatetotal = "UPDATE users_stocks SET total = $newt WHERE user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$updatequant = "UPDATE users_stocks_details SET quant = $newquant WHERE stock_id = '$stock_id' AND user_id ='" .$_SESSION['user_id']."'";


$showresults = "SELECT * FROM users_stocks WHERE user_id ='" . $_SESSION['user_id'] . "'";
$results = mysql_query($showresults, $conn) or die(mysql_error($conn));
$rrows = mysql_fetch_array($results);
extract($rrows);

echo "Thank you! You have succesfully sold $q stocks and you bank balance has incresed to $$newb, you have $newquant of these stocks left

";

}
?>
The total and bank updates work as they should, however the quantity of stocks does not decrease! Anyone see anything obvious?

Thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
68 Like 47 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Switch letters in message (basic cryptology)...
I am trying to switch letters around in a message for an application on my site (see here). The prob

Require select-option functionality in Module Pool Programming
Hi Gurus,

I am doing a development by Module Pool on Warehouse Management. For that devel

Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesmembers.php on line 16
I dont see the problem with this, I always get Parse error: parse error in C:wampwwwlogspagesme

How to add advertisment on top of videos
Hello,
I was told that i should find the answer for this problem in this forums.
I searched a

help finding hacking loopholes
i was attacked by a redirect php injection

my pc is clean of viruses

so i figure that

Not capturing all the information we require in the form.......
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you would share some more of your knowledge today, I'm hoping it

Multidimensional Array into an Html table, help!
Hello all, I am new to HTML/PHP so any help would be great.

I have a multidimensional array f

error help - Dynamic Image
I've been working on making my site less cluttered in the directories and more secure lately. In an

How to get the previous months last date....
Here's my wittle problem. I suck at working with dates.

So today is 10/20/2009, i need to fig

Parse Error Help
Hello, I got the parse error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in register.php on line

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash