Using two $_POST Function / Switch () statements, second does not work.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hi all. I’m new to php and am having a problem getting $_POST Function / switch () to work. I am coding a registration form. I ask the user a Yes/No question. Depending on the answer I have an Include () bring in the coding for the next step of the registration process, which also has a Yes/No question. I am using submit buttons for the user to give me the answers.

The first $_POST Function / switch () works and will include () the proper coding. The second $_POST Function / switch () does not work.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Both are essentially the same coding with just the variable name changed.

This is the coding used:

<form action="register.php" method="post" name="regForm" id="regForm">
//
HTML in between, input user first name / last name
//
(This works)

// Asking if user is a real estate agent

<?php

$agent = " ";

if (!isset($_POST['agent']))
{
//If not isset -> set with dummy value
$_POST['agent'] = " ";
}

?>

<table align = "center" border="5" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<col width="430" >

<tr align = "center">

<td>

Are you a licensed Florida real estate agent?



// This is the submit buttons

<input type="submit" name="agent" value="No">&nbsp;&nbsp;

<input type="submit" name="agent" value="Yes">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

// Yes / No switch

<?php

$agent = $_POST['agent'];

switch( $agent ) {
case 'No':
include ("register_3.php");
break;
case 'Yes':
include ("register_2.php");
break;
}

?>

Once the above Yes/No is executed it brings in:

(This does not work)

// Asking if user want to sign up for foreclosure list

<?php

$forlst = " ";

if (!isset($_POST['forlst']))
{
//If not isset -> set with dummy value
$_POST['forlst'] = " ";
}

?>
<table align = "center" border="5" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0">

<col width="430" >

<tr align = "center">

<td>

Would you like to receive our weekly foreclosure list (by email)



//This is the submit buttons

<input type="submit" name="forlst" value="No">&nbsp;&nbsp;

<input type="submit" name="forlst" value="Yes">

</td>

</tr>

</table>

// Yes / No switch

<?php

$forlst = $_POST['forlst'];

switch( $forlst ) {
case 'No':
include ("register_4.php");
break;
case 'Yes':
include ("register_4.php");
break;
}

?>

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to some how clear the POST before I use the function again? If so, how do I do it?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
273 Like 18 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

calendar dates and hours compare problem
i have a calendar in wordpress, everything works great except that i can make 2 meetings at the same

how to timeout $doc = new DOMDocument()->load($url)
I am currently using this $doc->load($url) to fetch an rss feed.
If a feed takes long than

Error in SQL Syntax HELP!!!
I have this page:

Code: <?php

session_start();

//connect to server and s

Email Form Syntax Issue
I need the TO: in email to display To: CEO instead of To: abc@mail.com

How to alter the scri

Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas
Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added t

imap: how to save a copy of sent emails to sent elements
Hello my friends,

I am writing an online emailing application with inbox outbox/sent elements

Check before inserting in DB ???
This is my code
---------------
if ( $_POST ['Submit'])
{{
$username = $_POST ['usernm

image upload, resize THEN submit form
Ok so I have a form that requires the user to upload an image, and then do something with that image

please hep to get values from a table row
can anyone tel me how I can select and get data from one row by pressing an Edit button in that row

Extract specific information from a PHP Multidimensional Array
Howdy! I've racked my brain over this for 24 hours now. I think it's time I asked for help. I'm lear

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash