values not being entered into table


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi. I;ve created a form, so that when a user enters data into it, it gets added to a table in a database. the form submits some data to one table, and other data to another table. my problem is that the data only gets added to the first table, but data doesnt enter correnctly into the other one.
Code: <?PHP

$questionno = $_POST['questionno'];
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
$question = $_POST['question'];
$quizref = $_POST['quizref'];
$answerno = $_POST['answerno'];
$answer = $_POST['answer'];
$answervalue = $_POST['answervalue'];

pg_connect("host=database.*******.uk
port=5432 dbname=***** user=***** password=******");
?>

<html>
<head>
<title>Add </title>
</head>
<body>

<?php

$query="INSERT INTO questions (questionno, question, quizref)VALUES ('".$questionno."', '".$question."', '".$quizref."')";

pg_query($query) or die ('Error adding new question');

echo "The question has been added to the quiz";
$queryanswers="INSERT INTO answers (answerno, answer, answervalue, questionno, quizref)VALUES ('".$answerno."', '".$answer."','".$answervalue."', '".$questionno."', '".$quizref."')";

pg_query($queryanswers) or die ('Error adding new answers');

echo "The answers has been added to the question";
?>
<form method="post" action="">

quizref: <br/>
<input type="text" name ="quizref" size="5" /><br/>

Question Number: <br/>
<input type="text" name="questionno" size="5" /><br/>

Question: <br/>
<input type="text" name="question" size="60" /><br/>

Answers<br/><br/>

Answer number:<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answerno" size="5" /><br/>

Answer<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answer" size="60" /><br/>

Answer value<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answervalue" size="5" /><br/>
<br/><br/>
Answer number:<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answerno" size="5" /><br/>

Answer<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answer" size="60" /><br/>

Answer value<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answervalue" size="5" /><br/>
<br/><br/>
Answer number:<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answerno" size="5" /><br/>

Answer<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answer" size="60" /><br/>

Answer value<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answervalue" size="5" /><br/>
<br/><br/>
Answer number:<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answerno" size="5" /><br/>

Answer<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answer" size="60" /><br/>

Answer value<br/>
<input type="text" name ="answervalue" size="5" /><br/>
<br/><br/>

<input type="submit" value="Send and Add another Add Questions" />
<a href="addfinish.php"><input type="submit" value="Add and finish" /></a>

</form>

</body>
</html>
Any help would be great.

thanks
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
315 Like 28 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Users and Groups with PHP Classes
Hi,

I have setup what I hope to be a good working User class. Now I want to introduce group m

Using the $_GET variable to view certain records
Hello,

First let me explain my problem, I have 2 pages the first page pull a list of Guide ti

Create comparison matrix?
I want to create a comparison script for forum software and was wondering is there any tutorial or b

Retrieving innerHTML with cURL?
Hey all (sorry I know I'm a leecher, but I soon won't be. This is my first PHP project, but not my l

Using Curl_multi for processing multiple URLs
Hi,

I am at a loss as to how to implement this. I would like to be able to automatically assi

UL and LI Add Form
The idea I want here is when the user click on a character name from the drop down select bar at the

defining website tags
Hi,

What would be the best way to define tags for my site, such as website title, url etc.

how to query data from website using VC?
I want to query some datum from a website,so I need a program to read data from a .csv file, and ass

Dealing with code in db query
I am dealing with C code and I need to make sure it is encoded some how to ensure its integrity and

Pipe email to PHP - get mail adress from MySQL - send?
Hi all,

this is the challenge:

1) Our faculty at the college where I'm employed includ

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash