Strip Slashes Help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I've got a script that i've downloaded of the net to edit multiple fields from my sql database, and works fine EXCEPT I want to add the strip slashes bit to it so it will save what I type in. However, I tried, and totally cleared 2 fields for all records on my db, so not happy. So here is the script, can anyone help me put the stripslashes bit where it should be please...

The stripslashes are important for 'item' and 'description' fields.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Code: <?php
"db connection area"
$sql="SELECT * FROM $tbl_name ORDER BY category ASC";
$result=mysql_query($sql);

// Count table rows
$count=mysql_num_rows($result);
?>
<!--
<FORM method="post" action="<?php echo $PHP_SELF?>">
-->

<p>
<table border='1' cellspacing='0' width='100%' style='border-collapse: collapse' bordercolor='#000000'>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="">

<tr>
<th>Category/Subcategory</th>
<th>Product/Code</th>
<th>Description</th>
<th>Qty/Price 1</th>
<th>Qty/Price 2 </th>
<th>Qty/Price 3 </th>
<th>Qty/Price 4 </th>
<th>Qty/Price 5 </th>
<th>Weight/Status</th>
</tr>
<?php
while($rows=mysql_fetch_array($result)){
?>
<tr>
<? $id[]=$rows['id']; ?>
<td><input name="category[]" type="text" id="category" value="<? echo $rows['category']; ?>" size="30"><br />
<input name="subcategory[]" type="text" id="subcategory" value="<? echo $rows['subcategory']; ?>" size="30" /></td>
<td><input name="item[]" type="text" id="item" value="<? echo $rows['item']; ?>" size="30"><br />
<input name="code[]" type="text" id="code" value="<? echo $rows['code']; ?>" size="30" /></td>
<td><textarea name="description[]" cols="40" rows="3" id="description" type="text"><? echo $rows['description']; ?></textarea></td>
<td><input name="qty1[]" type="text" id="qty1" value="<? echo $rows['qty1']; ?>" size="5"><br />
<input name="price1[]" type="text" id="price1" value="<? echo $rows['price1']; ?>" size="5" /></td>
<td><input name="qty2[]" type="text" id="qty2" value="<? echo $rows['qty2']; ?>" size="5"><br />
<input name="price2[]" type="text" id="price2" value="<? echo $rows['price2']; ?>" size="5" /></td>
<td><input name="qty3[]" type="text" id="qty3" value="<? echo $rows['qty3']; ?>" size="5"><br />
<input name="price3[]" type="text" id="price3" value="<? echo $rows['price3']; ?>" size="5" /></td>
<td><input name="qty4[]" type="text" id="qty4" value="<? echo $rows['qty4']; ?>" size="5"><br />
<input name="price4[]" type="text" id="price4" value="<? echo $rows['price4']; ?>" size="5" /></td>
<td><input name="qty5[]" type="text" id="qty5" value="<? echo $rows['qty5']; ?>" size="5"><br />
<input name="price5[]" type="text" id="price5" value="<? echo $rows['price5']; ?>" size="5" /></td>
<td><input name="weight[]" type="text" id="weight" value="<? echo $rows['weight']; ?>" size="5"><br />
<input name="status[]" type="text" id="status" value="<? echo $rows['status']; ?>" size="5" /></td>
</tr>
<?php
}
?>
</table>
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" class="button1">
</form>
<?php
// Check if button name "Submit" is status, do this

if($Submit){

for($i=0;$i<$count;$i++){

$sql1="UPDATE $tbl_name SET status='$status[$i]', category='$category[$i]', subcategory='$subcategory[$i]', item='$item[$i]', description='$description[$i]', code='$code[$i]', qty1='$qty1[$i]', price1='$price1[$i]', qty2='$qty2[$i]', price2='$price2[$i]', qty3='$qty3[$i]', price3='$price3[$i]', qty4='$qty4[$i]', price4='$price4[$i]', qty5='$qty5[$i]', price5='$price5[$i]', weight='$weight[$i]' WHERE id='$id[$i]'";
$result1=mysql_query($sql1);
}
}

if($result1){
echo "<p>Records Updated</p>";
echo('<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0">');
}
mysql_close();
?>

Thankyou in advance
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
182 Like 26 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

ImageCreate()
When I create an image and add text to it I want my text to be replaced with a PNG image, because th

SuperCali PHP Event Calendar
does anyone have any experience with the SuperCali PHP Event Calendar? I could use some assistance

How to pass parameter to tag query?
Hi,
I want to get the value of a tag at a specific time (like 10/27/09 15:29:59), I need to giv

javascript in php code causes page to display white
Hi All,

Odd one this, I've got the following code (below) which is a simple log in form. The

The type or namespace name 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'
When I locally run the website, it works just fine, but when I uploaded it to the hosting environmen

Splitting Attributes
SQL> SELECT I_NAME, substr(I_NAME,1,instr(I_NAME,'O')) "First part",

substr(I_NAME, IN

Add weeks in a query?
I have a SQL that summarizes the quantity per week. The weeks that has no value does not exist in th

how to hide input fields on selection screen using variant attribute
Hello all,

I want to know how to hide input fields on selection screen using variant attr

Comma seperated implode & modifying returned string.
I have a PHP post form that posts up to 4 variables. I need whatever variables are passed to be comb

Functions Not Loading Into Div
I had some help doing some of this but what I'm trying to do is get my functions to retrieve its val

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash