Baltimore Bridge Collapse: Two bodies were found a day after the bridge collapse; Officer said – the ship's crew is helping in the investigation


Posted on 28th Mar 2024 10:55 am by rohit kumar

A search operation is underway in the Patapsco River after a bridge collapsed in Baltimore city of America. During this time, the bodies of two people were found in a truck submerged in water. Maryland State Police gave this information on Thursday.

 

this is the case

A major accident took place on Tuesday morning in Baltimore City Maryland state of America. The Singapore-flagged cargo ship Dali was en route to Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka. Then it collided with the three-kilometer-long 'Francis Scott Key Bridge' near Baltimore and within a few seconds almost the entire bridge collapsed. The bridge collapsed and fell about 50 feet (15 m) into the cold water below. The accident occurred on Tuesday morning. Officials had said that the ship had faced electrical problems. At the same time, the crew was proactive and gave an alert call, due to which people moving towards the bridge were stopped.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

 

 

Dead body recovered from red pickup

However, due to the collapse of the bridge, many vehicles present on it were submerged in water. Now two bodies have been recovered Wednesday from a red pickup submerged in the Patapsco River.

 

work going on

Earlier in the day, federal officials at the White House said they were searching for the missing. Efforts are also being made to recover the body, assess the debris of the bridge, and shift the ship. Additionally, officials believe that six of the eight workers working on the bridge at the time of the accident are no longer alive. However, the search for these six people is going on. Two people have already been rescued from the water to safety.

 

National Transportation Safety Board Chairwoman Jennifer Homendy said that officials investigating the accident have also collected data from the ship and are preparing a timeline of the entire incident. At the same time, Governor Wes Moore has ordered the Maryland flag to be flown at half-mast. It will remain at half tilt until further notice.

 

The crew is cooperating: US Coast Guard official

Vice Admiral Peter Gautier, the deputy commandant of the US Coast Guard operation, said about the crew that these members included Indians and Sri Lankans. These people are fully cooperating in the investigation. He further informed that the interrogation of the crew members is ongoing. He is still present here.

 

He said, 'The crew members are providing full assistance with the information we need.'

 

Also Read: Bridge Collapses: Hundreds of lives were saved on the bridge due to the alertness of the crew; Read the full story of the Baltimore accident

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Panic again in Kerala: Explosion-like sound, people in fear due to earthquake tremor, more than 280 evacuated to a safe place

People had not yet recovered from the incident in Kerala's Kasargod and another new trouble came

'Everyone did vote bank politics, but Modi government...', All India Muslim Women Personal Law Board in support of Waqf Bill.

After the Waqf Amendment Bill was passed in both the houses, many politicians have come out in op

Saif Ali Khan: 'The garbage should be removed', Nitesh Rane's words got harsh on the attack on Saif; also mentioned Sushant

After Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Nirupam, Maharashtra minister Nitesh Rane raised serious questions

Greenland Row: 'Donald Trump... go to hell,' Danish MP lashes out at US aggression over Greenland.

US President Donald Trump's aggression regarding Greenland continues to escalate. Meanwhile, a st

Atul Subhash Case: 'Child should not be allowed to be used for bail', Atul's lawyer argues on Nikita's plea

A big update is coming out on the Atul Subhash suicide case. In the case, Akash Jindal, the lawye

Bharat Bandh: Banks, transport, and offices... Trade unions to go on strike across the country on February 12, what will remain closed?

Trade unions and farmers' organizations across the country have called for a nationwide strike on

'No evidence was presented,' India gave a befitting reply to Canada on allegations of Nijjar's murder.

The central government told the Lok Sabha on Friday that Canada has not provided any evidence to

'We will blow up Maharashtra CM's office with a bomb...', Mumbai Police receives a threat from a Pakistani number

Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis has received a threat once again. This time a WhatsApp message t

"He doesn't know cricket, yet he's become PCB chairman..." Shoaib Akhtar fumes after India's loss; he lectures Babar and Mohsin

India has delivered a crushing defeat to Pakistan in the T20 World Cup. Ishan Kishan first made a

The story of a Bangladeshi Hindu: He said there is no security here; 400 people attacked his house, everything was destroyed

Everything is over. On Tuesday night, suddenly about four hundred people attacked my house. Someh

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash