IND vs AUS: Virat's return to form will make him forget the bitter memories of Adelaide 2020, he has scored a century in four day-night tests


Posted on 28th Nov 2024 10:04 am by rohit kumar

After breaking the pride of Australia in Perth, the Indian team is ready to take revenge for the bitter memories of Adelaide. About four years ago in Adelaide, the Australian team had given India a bitter cup of humiliation by restricting it to its lowest score of 36 runs. India had lost this day-night test with the pink ball. The Indian team will once again face Australia in the pink ball test on the same ground from December 6, so Virat Kohli, who has returned to form by scoring a century in the Perth Test, will have a chance to heal four years old wounds.

 

The Adelaide Oval is one of the most successful grounds for Virat. Virat has enough experience of playing a test with the pink ball. He has played four tests with the pink ball so far and scored a century. He is the only Indian to score a century in a day-night test from India. He had played a memorable innings of 74 runs in the first innings before being restricted to 36 runs at the Adelaide ground too. This time his experience and return to form in Adelaide will be useful for the Indian team.

 

Batted for 244 minutes against the pink ball

 

There are only three players from the Indian team that played against Australia in Adelaide four years ago (2020), who are in the team this time. These are Virat, Jasprit Bumrah and Ashwin. Virat and Bumrah will be the main pivot of the team in Adelaide this time too. Virat had batted for 244 minutes on this ground last time and played 180 balls. In the second Test, the Indian team will have to depend largely on Virat's experience and his batting for success. Scoring runs against the pink ball has always been challenging, but Virat has scored runs against this ball as well. His experience in Adelaide will also be useful for other team players.

 

Improvement instance came in handy for Virat.

 

Veterans Sunil Gavaskar and Matthew Hayden consider Virat's return to form a good sign for India. Gavaskar says that Virat has made slight improvements in his batting stance, so he faced the Australian bowlers better in the second innings and scored a century in Perth. This was Virat's first century after Port of Spain against West Indies in July 2023. Gavaskar says that when Virat came to bat in the second innings, there was no pressure on him. He was under pressure after two wickets fell early in the first innings. In the second innings, he made a slight change in his batting stance and widened his legs slightly, which made it easier for him to face the high balls. The way he hit a four on Hazelwood at midwicket was spectacular. Hayden also admitted that due to the improvement in stance, Virat dealt well with the uneven bounce on the pitch.

 

Australia will not field Test team batsmen in the practice match.

 

Despite the defeat in the Perth Test, the Australian team management has decided not to field its batsmen who are not scoring runs in the two-day practice match against India. According to the report, the Australian team management does not want to give its batsmen a chance to make a strategy against the Indian bowlers by making them face them in the Adelaide Test beforehand. Cricketers like Sam Constas, Matt Renshaw, and Scott Boland will play in the Prime Minister's XI in the pink ball practice match. The team will be led by Jack Edwards. Australia's Steve Smith and Marnus Labuschagne have not been in form for a long time.

 

Webster may be included in the team.

 

All-rounder Beau Webster may be included in the Australian team for the second Test in place of injured Mitchell Marsh. However, coach Andrew McDonald had clarified that the same team that played in Perth would play in the Adelaide Test. He also said that Mitchell Marsh's injury is being monitored. If Marsh recovers on time, he will play in Adelaide. If he does not recover, Webster can be included in the team as his replacement. Webster played for Australia A against India A.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

MI vs DC: Mumbai dashed Delhi's hopes, reached the playoffs; After Suryakumar, Santner-Bumrah shone

Mumbai Indians defeated Delhi Capitals by 59 runs. With this, Mumbai became the fourth team to re

The BCB has dismissed the ICC's 'ultimatum' as a rumor, and a new update has emerged regarding the shifting of T20 World Cup matches.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has refuted reports of an ultimatum from the ICC. Recent repor

Harshvardhan Rane: Harshvardhan Rane announced a new film, know when this passionate love story will be released

After the re-release of the film 'Sanam Teri Kasam', actor Harshvardhan Rane announced his new fi

'Speaker cannot be the spokesperson of any party', a debate erupts after the Vice President's 'supreme' statement; Who said what?

A day after Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar publicly criticized the Supreme Court for setting a t

The controversy over 'The Kerala Story 2' continues, CM Pinarayi Vijayan tweeted and appealed to the people.

Even before its release, controversy has erupted over the film "The Kerala Story 2." The film "Th

'Even today India is better than the rest of the world', said Shubhanshu Shukla in Axiom-4 farewell speech, gave a special message to the world.

More than 140 crore Indians are eager to welcome astronaut Shubhanshu Shukla, who made India prou

Lucknow murder case: After the murders, the father was dropped at the station, knowing what happened in the hotel room in two days

Arshad, a resident of Islam Nagar, Tehri Bagiya, Kuberpur, Agra, along with his father Badar, kil

Deepika Padukone loses the sequel of the 1000 crore earning film, the makers announced it.

After giving birth to her daughter, Dua, Deepika Padukone has been away from the acting world. Up

Maha Kumbh: This time Dome City will be built above the ground, arrangements will be made for 200 people to stay at a time, and homestays will also be ready

On the one hand, while preparations are being made on a war footing for the Maha Kumbh to be held

Unnao Rape Case: 'We are accountable to the victim', bail granted to Sengar stayed; what else did the CBI say in the Supreme Court?

The Supreme Court on Monday stayed the Delhi High Court's order suspending the life sentence of f

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash