Kedarnath Cloudburst: Third day... 300 people rescued on foot, four helicopters engaged for airlift, two bodies found


Posted on 5th Aug 2024 10:18 am by rohit kumar

Rescue operations continued for the third day to evacuate the pilgrims stranded in Kedarnath. A dead body was found during rescue operations in Tharu camp near Lincholi on the Gaurikund-Kedarnath footpath in the morning. Another body was recovered in the afternoon. On the third day today, 300 people have been rescued on foot. Four helicopters have been deployed for airlift. However, due to bad weather, only one helicopter could fly.

 

Rescue operations have continued since the cloudburst on the Kedarnath footpath. Nearly 150 people are not being contacted. So far 6,980 people have been rescued. On Friday, 2980 people were rescued. 599 were brought by helicopter. At the same time, more than 1500 people are still reported to be stranded. Rescue operations continue for people stranded at various stops on the footpath damaged by heavy rains. District Disaster Management Officer Nandan Singh Rajwar said that the rescue team retrieved a body buried under big stones near Tharu Camp. Two mobiles and other material were recovered from it.

 

The body has been identified as Shubham Kashyap, a resident of Saharanpur. The body and the material recovered were handed over to Lincholi Chowki. Thereafter, the team searched Tharu Camp, Chhoti Lincholi to find the missing people. During the search, a mobile was recovered in Tharu Camp, which has been handed over to Lincholi Chowki.

 

Kedarnath Rescue Update

 

- On receiving information about 08 to 10 passengers being stranded in Tosi village, three km above Trijuginarayan, a rescue team of SDRF under the leadership of SI Jitendra Singh left for the spot.

 

-The second team of SDRF is carrying out rescue operations in Chidwasa under the leadership of Inspector Anirudh Bhandari.

 

-Another team of SDRF under the leadership of Inspector Karn Singh is engaged in evacuating passengers between Sonprayag and Gaurikund.

 

-Rescue has started by helicopter.

 

-Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami virtually spoke to the District Magistrate (Rudraprayag) and Senior Superintendent of Police (Rudraprayag) took a review meeting of disaster-related relief and rescue operations and gave necessary guidelines.

 

-As soon as the weather opened for heli operation, the rescue of stranded devotees was started by airlifting from Bhimbali. At the same time, by 11 am, about 250 people have been manually rescued from between Son Prayag to Gaurikund.

 

The district administration and police administration along with other security forces are continuously working to safely rescue the pilgrims and local people stranded at various stops. On Saturday, for the third consecutive day, food packets are being distributed by the district administration and food department at Bhimbali and other places under rescue and relief operations. Apart from this, GMVN has made arrangements for food for the people stranded in Kedarnath and other places.

 

Superintendent of Police Rudraprayag Dr. Vishakha Ashok Bhadane said that the footpath has been damaged in many places. Rescue operations are being carried out continuously. It was said that due to a lack of network, many people were not able to contact their families, after the rescue, people got in touch with their families and most of the people reached their homes safely.

 

The Superintendent of Police said that through some sources, such information is also going on "that a large number of people are missing in this entire incident". He said that almost all the people whose information is with the police have reached their homes. If anyone spreads misleading information in any way, do not believe it.

 

If you are not able to contact your family, then definitely contact the police. The problem of bad weather in Kedarnath also persists. In such a situation, SDRF and police administration are also facing huge difficulties in carrying out rescue operations.

 

Also Read: 'Rahul Gandhi's words make no sense', Kangana Ranaut said- Congress wants to divide the country for its benefit

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Operation Sindoor: All-party meeting will be held today at 11 am; the Central government will tell about the retaliatory action and future strategy

The Indian Army, under Operation Sindoor, carried out a precise attack in just 25 minutes and des

Trump's tariff bomb will be a dud! India resets diplomacy, Chinese foreign minister is coming to Delhi to formulate a new strategy
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will arrive in Delhi on Monday (August 18) for a two-day visit, hol

Bengaluru Stampede: BJP asked sharp questions to Congress on the Bangalore stampede, and also mentioned the Allu Arjun controversy

The celebration of Royal Challengers Bangalore's victory in IPL faded when 11 people lost their l

Amritsar Encounter: The accused of the grenade attack on the temple in Amritsar was killed in a police encounter; the constable injured

The prime accused in the recent grenade attack on a temple in Amritsar was killed in a police enc

Chum Darang was going to work in The Family Man 3, and due to this reason she rejected Manoj Bajpayee's series.

Chum Darang needs no introduction today. Chum, who has worked in Badhaai Do and Gangubai Kathiawa

India Canada Crisis: 'Trudeau is sheltering extremists and criminals who have fled from India', former Canadian official reveals the truth

The real face of Canada, which questioned India over the Nijjar murder case, has been exposed by

Kedarnath Yatra: The first phase of heli service for the Dham is completed, now it will start again after the monsoon ends

All the six heli companies operating helicopter services for Kedarnath Dham returned from Kedargh

'This is the responsibility of every country's government', what did Jaishankar say about Indians deported from America?

For the first time, the Indian government has officially informed about sending 104 Indians livin

PM Modi will visit Odisha-Uttarakhand today and will inaugurate the Odisha Conclave and the 38th National Games

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Odisha and Uttarakhand on January 28, i.e. today. Accordi

Akshay Kumar: Akshay Kumar made an emotional appeal to fans, know what the 'Khiladi' said about 'Kesari 2'

Akshay Kumar, R Madhavan, and Ananya Panday's much-awaited film 'Kesari Chapter 2: The Untold Sto

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash