Kuwait Fire Tragedy: Tamil Nadu government will give compensation to the victims; Help extended from abroad to Indian victims


Posted on 14th Jun 2024 12:00 pm by rohit kumar

Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin expressed his condolences to the seven Tamil people killed in the building fire in Kuwait. Also ordered to assist Rs 5 lakh to each affected family. Along with the central government, the Kerala government has also announced a similar relief fund. At the same time, prominent NRI businessman and UAE-based Lulu Group chairman MA Yusuf Ali also announced Rs 5 lakh each to the families of the deceased killed in the fire.

 

Let us tell you that a massive fire broke out in a six-story building in Mangaf City Kuwait in the early hours of Wednesday. In this tragic incident, 49 foreign workers including about 40 Indians died and 50 others were injured. 196 migrant workers were working in this building. Among the dead, three were from Uttar Pradesh, 24 were from Kerala, seven were from Tamil Nadu, and three were from Andhra Pradesh. The deceased from UP have been identified as Madhav Singh of Varanasi, Jairam Gupta of Gorakhpur, and Angad Gupta. At the same time, among the dead from Andhra Pradesh, T Lokanandam of Srikakulam district, M Satyanarayana, and M Eshwarudu of West Godavari district have been identified.

 

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Arrangements made to bring the bodies of Tamil people to Chennai by plane

Expressing grief over the incident, Tamil Nadu CM Stalin said on Thursday that seven Tamils ​​are also among those killed in the fire. Arrangements have been made to take their bodies to Chennai by plane. He said that the bodies will be handed over to their relatives. He said that the government will provide all necessary assistance to those undergoing treatment for burn injuries.

 

These people are included in the Tamil dead

The deceased have been identified as Veerasamy Mariyappan of Thoothukudi, E Raju of Tiruchirapalli, Krishnamurthy Chinnadurai of Cuddalore, Royapuram, Sivasankaran Govindan of Chennai, P Richard of Thanjavur, Karuppannan Ramu of Ramanathapuram and Mohammad Sharif of Villupuram.

 

Minister of State for External Affairs Kirti Vardhan Singh reached Kuwait on Thursday

 

After receiving information about the tragic incident of fire, Minister of State for External Affairs Kirti Vardhan Singh reached Kuwait on Thursday. He met some Indians injured in the fire. The Indian Embassy in Kuwait said that all the injured were safe.

 

Families are not aware of the condition of the employees

 

Sivashankar Govindan's wife said, I last spoke to my husband on Tuesday night. When I called him the next morning, he did not answer. I got scared and called his friend, who answered that he too could not reach my husband. One of his friends informed him that the building in which Govindan was living had caught fire. She said we have not received any official confirmation from the government.

 

Similarly, the wife of a driver named Raju in Kuwait said in Tiruchirapalli that she could not get any confirmation about her husband's condition. A friend of the husband had said that perhaps he had been shifted to some hospital, but he could not confirm which hospital. He has urged the government to send a photo of Raju from the hospital via WhatsApp and update on his health condition.

1 Like 0 Dislike
Previous news Next news
Other news

Waqf Amendment Bill: JPC will tour the country to know people's opinions, important meeting will be held on 19-20 September

The Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) constituted on the Waqf Amendment Bill will visit all the

Bengaluru Stampede: Karnataka State Cricket Association secretary and treasurer resign; take moral responsibility for Bangalore stampede case

Big news is coming from the Karnataka State Cricket Association, which is embroiled in controvers

BCCI 10-Point Directive: The Board's 'serious' step; with Emphasis on ending star culture, will have to face consequences for breaking the rules

After the crushing defeat in Australia, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has now

'Indians deserve this', Tahawwur Rana had told David Headley after the Mumbai attacks; America revealed many secrets

Tahawwur Rana, accused of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, has been extradited from the US to Indi

Assembly Polls: Today PM Modi will visit Maharashtra and Shah will visit Jharkhand; will mobilize voters by holding rapid public meetings

Voting for the 288-member Maharashtra Assembly is to be held on November 20. As the date of the e

IND vs ENG: 'If you are fit then play all the matches', Dilip Vengsarkar targeted Bumrah; also reprimanded Gambhir-Agarkar

Former Indian team captain and former chairman of the selection committee Dilip Vengsarkar has ta

Ind Vs Pak: 'He will score 100 soon...' Sister Komal's reaction to Abhishek Sharma's powerful innings goes viral

India defeated Pakistan by six wickets in their first match of the Asia Cup 2025 Super 4s, and th

Akshara Singh Death Threat: 'If you don't give 50 lakhs in two days then...', after Shahrukh-Salman, now Bhojpuri actress Akshara Singh gets a death threat

After Salman Khan and Shahrukh Khan, now Bhojpuri actress Akshara Singh has received death threat

BJP Social Media Row: Politics intensifies over controversial video post, Assam BJP's social media co-ordinator removed

The Assam BJP has removed the co-ordinator of its social media team. The party took this strict a

Army chief's warning sparks political firestorm: Congress questions, BJP-JDU issues stern warning to Pakistan

Indian Army Chief General Upendra Dwivedi's statement regarding Pakistan has sparked political tu

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash