Panaji, March 23 (IANS) After dithering for months, the Congress and the Nationalist Congress Party Sunday finally announced that the two parties would continue their alliance in Goa for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Addressing a joint press conference, state presidents of both the parties said the alliance would help secure "secular" votes in the two Lok Sabha seats in Goa and help defeat the Bharatiya Janata Party.
"With this alliance we have become undefeatable," Congress state president John Fernandes told reporters here.
NCP president Nilkanth Halarnkar admitted there was delay on his party's end to formalise the alliance, but also added that without a tie-up, the BJP would have benefited.
"That was the reason why we finally said yes," Halarnkar said.
The NCP had earlier threatened to pull out of the alliance if it was not allotted one of the two Lok Sabha seats.
March 8, 2026, has been etched in the golden pages of Indian cricket history. The Indian team won
A US media report has claimed that Russian President Vladimir Putin is seriously ill and fell dow
Shares of state-owned energy giant GAIL (India) Ltd declined sharply in Monday's trading session
Maharashtra will face lockdown? CM Uddhav can announce big at 8:30 pm
Corona cases are increasing in the country. The worst situation is in Maharashtra. Chief Minister
PM Modi US Visit: Prime Minister Modi left for his four-day US visit on Tuesday. PM Modi will be
Star Health to raise Rs.400 cr from new investors
Chennai, March 13 (IANS) India's first stand-alone health insurer, Star Health and Allied Insur
Referring to the attack on former US President Donald Trump, the BJP has alleged that in India, t
US President Donald Trump announced Thursday that the 25 percent tariff on most goods imported fr
Tharoor to be Questioned in Pushkar Murder: Police
New Delhi, Jan 19 (IANS) Delhi Police Commissioner B.S. B
Chandranath Rath, the personal assistant to BJP leader Suvendu Adhikari, has been murdered. He wa