
Hyderabad, Jan 22 (IANS) Swine flu has claimed two more lives in Hyderabad while a central health team arrived Thursday to take stock of the situation, an official said.
Two women, aged 55 and 56, died at two government-run hospitals here late Wednesday, taking the toll to 21. Officials said a total of 247 swine flu cases were reported so far in the state.
Five people were discharged from Gandhi Hospital here but two others were tested positive. As many as 35 swine flu patients are undergoing treatment at the hospital while blood samples of 20 others were sent to Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM) for H1N1 test.
Two patients were tested positive at Osmania General Hospital and they include a 24-year-old surgeon. Three junior doctors at Gandhi Hospital were also tested positive two days ago.
Alarmed over the mounting cases, the Telangana state government has declared an all out war to control the spread of the virus. Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao Wednesday spoke to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and union Health Minister J.P. Nadda, who promised all assistance.
Officials said the central government is sending 50,000 Tamiflu tablets, 10,000 anti-swine flu syrups and 50,000 kits to diagnose swine flu cases. The medicines and kits will be distributed to all hospitals in Hyderabad and other districts.
A three-member committee from union ministry of health arrived in Hyderabad Thursday to take stock of the situation. The team visited Gandhi Hospital, the nodal centre for swine flu cases, to review the situation. The officials inspected isolation wards and other arrangements made to deal the cases.
Union Minister of State for Labour Bandaru Dattatreya also visited Gandhi Hospital and inspected isolation wards and other facilities. He put the swine flu toll in Telangana at 25.
Meanwhile, the government transferred P. Sambasiva Rao, health director. The chief minister Wednesday pulled up the health department for failing to take measures to contain the spread of swine flu.
On Dec 30, the health director denied reports of deaths due to swine flu. He has claimed that eight deaths, reported in a section of media, were not due to swine flu but other diseases.
Claiming that swine flu is not life threatening, he has said section of doctors and private hospitals were creating panic among people.
UP CM opens purse strings for Agra
Agra, Feb 25 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced an outlay of Rs.6
On March 28, a powerful earthquake struck Myanmar. Its tremors were felt till Thailand, Vietnam,
Now, as we move toward the euphoria of the results, the Bihar elections have rarely seen such a d
India's pharmaceutical company Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (DRL) announced on 16 September that it w
Munawar Faruqui Detained: It seems that the police are keeping a close watch on the winners of 'B
After heavy rains, the danger of flood has now arisen in the plain states including Delhi, UP, an
Media can transform lives in rural areas: Minister
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rath
Pawan Modi, father of deceased engineer Atul Subhash, said on Monday that he will also file a cas
The Russian army has wreaked havoc in Ukraine that has forced millions of people to leave their h
PM Modi US Visit: Prime Minister Modi left for his four-day US visit on Tuesday. PM Modi will be