Add code to enable passing of checkbox variable on login


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok, I have a login page, but want to add a checkbox that when checked and successful login is made it passes the checkbox value (checked = "Yes" to the next page) which then loads password reset page, if its false then it goes to the next page as normal.

Can I add the passing of the checkbox value inot the standard dreamweaver code somewhere:

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
<?php require_once('Connections/Connection1.php'); ?>
<?php
if (!function_exists("GetSQLValueString")) {
function GetSQLValueString($theValue, $theType, $theDefinedValue = "", $theNotDefinedValue = "")
{
$theValue = get_magic_quotes_gpc() ? stripslashes($theValue) : $theValue;

$theValue = function_exists("mysql_real_escape_string") ? mysql_real_escape_string($theValue) : mysql_escape_string($theValue);

switch ($theType) {
case "text":
$theValue = ($theValue != "") ? "'" . $theValue . "'" : "NULL";
break;
case "long":
case "int":
$theValue = ($theValue != "") ? intval($theValue) : "NULL";
break;
case "double":
$theValue = ($theValue != "") ? "'" . doubleval($theValue) . "'" : "NULL";
break;
case "date":
$theValue = ($theValue != "") ? "'" . $theValue . "'" : "NULL";
break;
case "defined":
$theValue = ($theValue != "") ? $theDefinedValue : $theNotDefinedValue;
break;
}
return $theValue;
}
}
?>
<?php
// *** Validate request to login to this site.
if (!isset($_SESSION)) {
session_start();
}

$loginFormAction = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
if (isset($_GET['accesscheck'])) {
$_SESSION['PrevUrl'] = $_GET['accesscheck'];
}

if (isset($_POST['userName'])) {
$loginUsername=$_POST['userName'];
$password=$_POST['Password'];
$MM_fldUserAuthorization = "";
$MM_redirectLoginSuccess = "rbsselection.php";
$MM_redirectLoginFailed = "login.php?failed=incorrect";
$MM_redirecttoReferrer = false;
mysql_select_db($database_Connection1, $Connection1);

$LoginRS__query=sprintf("SELECT userid, password FROM users WHERE userid=%s AND password=%s",
GetSQLValueString($loginUsername, "text"), GetSQLValueString($password, "text"));

$LoginRS = mysql_query($LoginRS__query, $Connection1) or die(mysql_error());
$loginFoundUser = mysql_num_rows($LoginRS);
if ($loginFoundUser) {
$loginStrGroup = "";

//declare two session variables and assign them
$_SESSION['MM_Username'] = $loginUsername;
$_SESSION['MM_UserGroup'] = $loginStrGroup;

if (isset($_SESSION['PrevUrl']) && false) {
$MM_redirectLoginSuccess = $_SESSION['PrevUrl'];
}
header("Location: " . $MM_redirectLoginSuccess );
}
else {
header("Location: ". $MM_redirectLoginFailed );
}
}
?>

I have a simple working example of passing a checkbox variable from one page to the other:

Untitled-1.php
<form action="untitled.php" method="post">
Do you need wheelchair access?
<input type="checkbox" name="formWheelchair" value="Yes" />
<input type="submit" name="formSubmit" value="Submit" />
</form>

untitled.php<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Atkins - Audit &amp; Survey Selection</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php
if(isset($_POST['formWheelchair']) &&
$_POST['formWheelchair'] == 'Yes')
{
echo "Need wheelchair access.";
}
else
{
echo "Do not Need wheelchair access.";
}
?>
</body>
</html>

But as the login page calls the login form action function it ignores any code I have re the checkbox varaible and therefore does not pass it onto the next page (rbsselection.php)

Help much appreciated. Sorry for the long post....
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
298 Like 47 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Spaghetti Code
So.

I've pretty much reached the point where I have so many isset s on one page that I can't

subtract 1 from value entered in text field
Hi

How do I subtract 1 from the vaue entered into a text field?

Thanks

Will an XHTML DOCTYPE interfere with my PHP if I'm not experienced enough?
I've read this article here: http://friendlybit.com/html/why-xhtml-is-a-bad-idea/

In a nutshe

How to return to a previous page after running a PHP script
I'm having a bit of a melt down here because I think this should be really easy but can't work it ou

Access website from only 1 computer...?
One of my customers wants his website to only be accessed by people in which they bought the website

db entry based on primary key
My "topics" table contains 10 entires
*--------------*
topicid topic
------

Give me all your tricks for minimizing jar file size

Hi, I'm coming close to releasing my J2ME game... I am kicking up against the 64k size barrier w

Multithreading in Oracle (Java, SQLJ, Pro*C,??) on 10g
I am investigating how to run a Java stored procedure in multithread mode.
I know that if I chang

need good snippet manager
Hi. as i am coding and learning more, it is becoming difficult to manage code snippets. how you mana

SOAP Issue
Hi,

I am facing some understanding problem with SOAP basic.kindly recommend some SOAP expert.

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash