Better Method of a Member Cloud


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I assume most people know how tag clouds work, where the tags most used are bigger and the least used tags are smaller. This is the basic function of my member cloud.

I created the code below from scratch, however I'd rather the data compare itself to each other and have the biggest poster the biggest font size (40px) and the smallest poster the smaller font size (15px) and everyone in between where they should be.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Assume the limit was 5 instead of 20 as in the code.
If:
Member 1 has 10 posts
Member 2 has 11 posts
Member 3 has 12 posts
Member 4 has 13 posts
Member 5 has 14 posts

I'd want Member 1 to be 15px and member 5 to be 40px, and everyone in between where they should be (I assume this would involve percentages.)

A more accurate/ more likely example:
Member 1 has 50 posts
Member 2 has 2 posts
Member 3 has 72 posts
Member 4 has 90 posts
Member 5 has 54 posts

I'd want Member 2 to be 15px and member 4 to be 40px, and everyone in between where they should be, regardless of what there actual post count is. I just want smallest smallest and largest largest.




Code: $allmembersresult = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM users ORDER BY RAND() DESC LIMIT 20");
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($allmembersresult)){
$newuid = $row['id'];
$newusername = $row['username'];
$ifadmin = $row['admin'];

$postnumresult = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM content WHERE uid='$newuid' GROUP BY cid");
$postnum = mysql_num_rows($postnumresult);

?>

<a href="/us.php?find=<?php echo $newuid;?>" style="text-transform:none;
<?php
if($postnum == 0){
echo "font-size:15px;";
}else if($postnum > 0 && $postnum <= 5){
echo "font-size:20px;";
}else if($postnum > 5 && $postnum <= 15){
echo "font-size:30px;";
}else if($postnum > 15 && $postnum <= 30){
echo "font-size:40px;";
};

/* etcetc */

if($ifadmin == "yes"){
echo "font-style:italic;font-family:georgia;";
};
if($uid == "$newuid"){
echo "color:green;";
};
?>
">
<?php echo $newusername." (".$postnum.")"; ?>
, </a>

<?php }; ?>

I'd be happy to elaborate if need be! thanks!
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
121 Like 6 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Which practice of iteration through containers is preferred
In the "real world" what kind of loop do most people use to iterate through a container like a vecto

IP Logger for Voting Script
Can anybody help me place an IP logger into my voting script?
I know that maybe it is not as secu

A little help needed passing hidden values to next page
I have a page that has hidden values in a form.

example
Code: <input name='signupID

Dealing with code in db query
I am dealing with C code and I need to make sure it is encoded some how to ensure its integrity and

Dynamically allocating the number of rows in a table based on a variable value
Hi,
I have situation here which i cannot resolve, I have a variable temp which stores the num

php require help needed
Ok i tried to use the search funtion but the word require is everywhere.

i'm really new to cr

Recode Abap Dynpro into Web Dynpro
Hi All,
A client has asked us to look at rearchitecting a custom transaction that was developed

Scheduler problems related to execution of a single BLT by many schedules
Hello all,

We are running several MII instances in a distibuted architecture using a sing

Array to string conversion
Can anyone help me with this?

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/..../index.php on l

Grouping and sorting results
Please help with this query.

I have 2 tables in a database, countires and cities. states look

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash