Getting Resource id #11 while trying to connect..


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

So i tried using "DEFINE" for the first time and im using the variables i defined to connect but it reports back this error:

QuoteWarning: mysql_query(): 11 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/content/p/p/f/ppffffpp/html/avalancheatblue.com/nc-cms/system/modules/storage/mysql.php on line 25
Can anyone look at the function and find out why this is?
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Code: (php) [Select]<?php

function nc_save_content ($name, $data)
{

$nc_db_link = mysql_connect(NC_DB_HOST, NC_DB_USER, NC_DB_PASSWORD);
$nc_db_link = nc_db_link($nc_db_link, NC_DB_DATABASE);

$x=3;
while($x != 0){
nc_check_content($name.$x, "Edit Me History" . $x);//line 9-14 making sure the history exists (if not creates it)[function is internal]
$x--;
}

//Now start backwards and work from 2-0 moving files for history
$x=2;
$z=1;
while($x != 0){
$temp2 = $name.$x;
$get = "SELECT content FROM " .NC_DB_PREFIX."content WHERE name ='".$temp2."'";
$res = mysql_query($get,$nc_db_link) or die (mysql_error());
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res);

$temp = $x + 1;
$insert = "UPDATE ".NC_DB_PREFIX."content SET content='".$row['content']."' WHERE name='".$name.$temp."'";
$res2 = mysql_query($insert,$nc_db_link) or die (mysql_error());
$x--;
}

//one last thing move the current entry to 1 before we overwrite it!!!
$sql = mysql_query("SELECT content FROM " .NC_DB_PREFIX."content WHERE name ='".$name."'",$nc_db_link) or die (mysql_error());
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($sql);

$insert = mysql_query ("UPDATE ".NC_DB_PREFIX."content SET content='".$row['content']."' WHERE name='".$name."1"."'",$nc_db_link) or die (mysql_error());



nc_check_content ($name, "Edit Me!"); // Make sure database entry exists
$nc_db_result = mysql_query("UPDATE ".NC_DB_PREFIX."content SET content='".nc_db_escape($data)."' WHERE name='".$name."'", $nc_db_link);

if(!$nc_db_result) // Check for query errors
{
nc_report_error("MySQL reported: ".mysql_error());
exit();
}

mysql_close($nc_db_link); // Close connection
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
251 Like 8 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

 formating when pulling data from a mysql database 
Ok so Im not to sure if this is the right thread to post in but here is my catch 22 issue.

I

Wierd if else problem
Hi guys,

this probably aint wierd for you, but it seems like php is playin up to me. may b i

Multidimensional $_POST
Hello

How to get a single array from array of array (2 - dimension).
For example I have a

Disable html within defined tags
I have a mysql database that allows users to enter content with html, but I also want to have a tag

Recode Abap Dynpro into Web Dynpro
Hi All,
A client has asked us to look at rearchitecting a custom transaction that was developed

Help With editting and deleting form
Hallo !!

So look at this image :

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8272/snapshot5f.pn

Varible in trigger - refering to correct schema
Hello

Im having some issues with my trigger.
What I want to do is call opon a differ

PHP referral database. I would like this form to email the referrer.
Okay, Hello I've been trolling for years. This the first time I've ever asked for php help. Normally

comparing tables across databases sql refinement ideas required
Hi all

Via pl/sql I need to ensure that data between tables in different databases match

ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click
Hi,

I want my ALV List Display to point to another report on Double Click on its line ite

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash