Combining refCursors and Summing


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Given the following DDL:

CREATE TABLE FOODSALESTEST ("WEEKNBR" NUMBER, "STOREID" NUMBER NOT NULL, "GUESTS" NUMBER NOT NULL, "TACOSALES" NUMBER NOT NULL, "SOUPYSALES" NUMBER NOT NULL); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (1,74,302,3021.71,3021.71); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (1,83,231,2106.58,2106.58); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (1,101,251,2163.5,2163.5); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (1,113,298,2953.82,2953.82); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (2,74,131,1168.11,1168.11); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (2,83,156,1258.22,1258.22); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (2,101,164,1550.87,1550.87); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (2,113,129,1384.26,1384.26); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (3,74,144,1594.02,1594.02); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (3,83,196,1867.2,1867.2); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (3,101,196,2052.96,2052.96); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (3,113,142,1490.63,1490.63); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (7,74,192,2496.17,2496.17); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (7,83,178,1971.54,1971.54); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (7,101,294,3477.88,3477.88); Insert into FoodSalesTest VALUES (7,103,336,3398.42,3398.42); --=== CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE GETWEEKLYFOODSALES (inweeknbr number , p_rcWeekly in out sys_refcursor ) is BEGIN OPEN p_rcWeekly FOR -- This has been simplified and as is not very practical. -- It is actually a huge select statement with 6 "WITH" clauses and 15 joins and many selection criteria parameters Select * from FoodSalesTest where weeknbr = inWeekNbr; END GetWeeklyFoodSales; --=== CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE GETALLFOODSALES( NbrOfWeeks In number , p_rcWeek1 Out sys_refcursor , p_rcWeek2 out sys_refcursor , p_rcWeek3 out sys_refcursor , p_rcWeek7 out sys_refcursor ) is begin GetWeeklyFoodSales( 1 , p_rcWeek1); GetWeeklyFoodSales( 2 , p_rcWeek2); if NbrOfWeeks = 3 then GetWeeklyFoodSales( 3 , p_rcWeek3); end if; GetWeeklyFoodSales( 7 , p_rcWeek7); END GetAllFoodSales;
GetWeeklyfoodSales is actually a huge select statement with 6 "WITH" clauses and 15 joins and many selection criteria parameters. It is probably possible to combine all functionality in 1 stored procedure but I want to modularize.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

1) How do I select all cursors into 1 single cursor in GetAllFoodSales?

2) Why Cant I do this? = why isn't the cursordata maintained since it is defined as IN OUT in GetWeeklyFoodSales?
GetWeeklyFoodSales( 1 , p_TheOnlyCursor);
GetWeeklyFoodSales( 2 , p_TheOnlyCursor);
if NbrOfWeeks = 3 then
GetWeeklyFoodSales( 3 , p_TheOnlyCursor);
end if;
GetWeeklyFoodSales( 7 , p_TheOnlyCursor);

WHERE invoked procedure has these parms:
inweeknbr IN number
, p_rcWeekly IN OUT sys_refcursor

3) I would also like to have 2 more output cursor in GetAllFoodSales. Descriptively:
1. p_SummedResultsByStoreID
2. p_SummedResultsByWeekNumber

These must be separate cursors in order for program to consume for report
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
141 Like 52 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

The repetition structure: the while statement not working
New programming student, have assignment as follows:
A restaurant has 4 lunch combos for custom

Save file by click
Hello.
I'm not understand how to save file from page. I'd like make link to file with save abil

FPDF Help
I've been playing with the FPDF module. I was building a form and rolling right along and then sudde

Filtering an Array Based on Value
I have a very simple script set up that pulls data from a database and is output using this code:

radio button reamains checked
Hello i'm trying to keep the state off my radio buttons so it shows which ones where clicked after t

modifying a property of an object from a different class
I have 2 classes:
- Math
- Distance

in my math class, I have this line:
$distance =

Buggy registration system
Hey, I just started scripting in PHP, and I ran into a few problems.
Code: <?php
includ

PHP FTP Can't upload Big FIles
Anyone had any success using FTP to upload a file say 90m?

im using ftp_put and it returns fa

Extracting URL pointer within XML tag
Hi.

I'm trying to extract text between two quotation marks in XML. For example, I want to ex

question about header() security
is is safe to just use the header() function to redirect someone if they are, say, not logged in? or

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash