Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have a regular old php force download script, uses this code:

Code: header("Cache-Control: ");
header("Pragma: ");
header("Content-type: application/octet-stream");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="".$download.""");
header("Content-length:".(string)(filesize($path.$download)));
readfile($path.$download);
Where path is preset and $download is set by GET variables (don't worry, I've sanitized, I check the GET value against an array of acceptable filenames.) This works fine on my computer in both Internet Explorer and Firefox:

http://infectionist.com/music/

But I recently got the new Droid phone and found a bug. I cannot download files with spaces in the filename. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing is working. I even tried downloading a file with a space (failed), then renaming that file replacing the space with an underscore, then it worked. So I know that it's space handling that's the issue, I just can't figure out how to get around it!

The whole script is one that lists all the files in a directory that are of a certain extension (in this case mp3, wma, and wav). Each filename is put into an array, this array is used as the check against the GET variable's input. I then array_slice() the array to show 10 results per page. I foreach() the sliced array and print out information about the file, like filesize, filename, format, and a little icon. The filename is a link to download the file, printed like this:

<a href="?file=".urlencode($filename)."">

So spaces get replaced with a + sign in the URL, but get read as a space by the script. I think the problem lies with the readfile() line, I don't know why the Droid phone doesn't like it, but there HAS to be a way to fix this.

If someone, ANYONE, can help me, it will be very much appreciated.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
287 Like 37 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Connect to database that isn't localhost
I am currently doing a small script for a company that doesn't have mySql support on there hosting.

constructor ?
i have written this program and made 3 constructors in the class and i want to call them in the main

Problem with HTTP Caching...?
Hi there, im trying to implement caching. But it doesn't always work.
I post it here because ther

using variables in another page
I have a test database set up on localhost. I have a form that I can type a name into, hit the butto

Anti Spam Code
Ok where do i start? Probably by telling you I have very little working knowledge of PHP and that I

check if value exists
I have googled this for a while and I am getting lots of different results. Is there a standard meth

Consuming third party Payment Gateway API from Procedure.
Hi All,

First of all i would like to thank all the people of the oracle forum for providi

Is it possible to put an entire 500-page book in a database with PHP?
I am working on an intranet and I was wondering if its possible to code php with mysql to enter a fu

SOAP Issue
Hi,

I am facing some understanding problem with SOAP basic.kindly recommend some SOAP expert.

Calander Basic Spript help
hi, just starting out with PHP and have the following script:

<?php
//This gets t

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash