getting Vars to pass to next page.


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello all,
I have a confusing situation on my hands, i am a member of a gaming community and we are setting up a website (yay i get to be teh techie!!) im not exactly a noob with php but i am by far not an expert, so i need some help please.

I have a table populated with mysql data, and i am using multiple submit buttons to perform actions to the selected row of information. i have 2 of the 3 buttons working great however the third is not passing on all the information that i need to pass to the next page. the only thing that is not passing is the var $name that is returned from mysql.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Below are the codes i am using. any help with how to get the var $name to pass with the $_POST information would be great, thanks in advance!

The Table:
Code: (php) <?php
include 'config.php';
include 'access.php';

$db = mysql_connect ($hostname, $username, $password) or die ('Failed to connect to database: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($database);

$query = "SELECT clan_members.authid, clan_members.rank, clan_members.name, admins.access FROM imagest5_bioclan.clan_members LEFT OUTER JOIN imagest5_bioclan.admins ON clan_members.name = admins.name WHERE clan_members.rank = 9 ORDER BY clan_members.rank DESC, clan_members.name";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die ('Failed to query ' . mysql_error());
?>
<form method="post" action="./process.php">
<table width="100%" border="1">
<tr>
<th scope="col">&nbsp;</th>
<th scope="col">SteamID</th>
<th scope="col">Name</th>
<th scope="col">Rank</th>
<th scope="col">Flags</th>
</tr>
<?php
while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
{
$auth = $row['authid'];
$name = $row['name'];
$rank = $ranks[$row['rank']];
$flags = $row['access'];
?>
<tr>
<td><div align="center">
<input type="radio" name="auth" id="radio" value="<?php echo "$auth";?>">
</div></td>
<td><?php echo "$auth";?></td>
<td><?php echo "$name";?></td>
<td><?php echo "$rank";?></td>
<td><?php echo "$flags";?></td>
</tr>
<?php
}
?>
</table>
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="11%"><div align="center">
<input type="submit" name="submit[edit]" value="Edit">
</div></td>
<td width="20%"><div align="center">
<input type="submit" name="submit[delete]" value="Delete">
</div></td>
<td width="69%"><div align="center">
<select name="access" id="access">
<option selected="selected">Quick Admin----</option>
<option value='abcdefghijklmnopqrstu'>Leader/CoLeader</option>
<option value='abcdefghijklmnopqrstu'>Tech</option>
<option value='bcdefijmnopqrstu'>Upper Admin</option>
<option value='bcefijnprstu'>Mid Admin</option>
<option value='cfu'>Recruit Admin</option>
<option value='u'>Member</option>
</select>
<input type="submit" name="submit[access]" value="Set">
</div></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
<?php
mysql_free_result($result);
mysql_close($db);
?>

The table posts to this page:
Code: (php) <?php
//print_r($_POST);
$submit_array = array_keys($_POST['submit']);
$action = $submit_array[0];
if ($_POST)
{
switch ($action)
{
case 'edit':
echo include('./includes/edit.inc');
break;

case 'delete':
echo include('./includes/delete.inc');
break;
case 'access':
echo include('./includes/mem2admin1.inc');
break;
}
}
?>

and if the set button on the table is clicked the above page loads this:
Code: (php) <?php
if(!isset($_SESSION['clan_id']))
{
die("You are not logged in and cannot view this page.");
}
echo '<center>';
$auth = $_POST['auth'];
$name = $_POST['name'];
$access = $_POST['access'];
echo "

Are you sure you want to give '$access' flags to:

";
echo "SteamID: $auth<br />Name: $name";
echo "

<a href="admin_add3.php?auth=$auth&name=$name&access=$access">Yes</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="main.php">No</a></center>;"
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
203 Like 17 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

SWF image using php?
Hello once again.

My latest en devour requires me to produce an image of a static .swf that i

Ten Operator Syntax
Hi Guys,

I can't figure out why i am getting a parse error with this basic ten op code:

simple ping code
been searchin the site/web and found code thats simple but doesnt work.

I have a personal we

webpage with (simple) login & mysql-db
Hi all,

What I was looking for before was a multi-user password manager, web-based! The offer

Storing the referrer in session... problems with tabs
Hello All

I am currently working on an ERP project based on the MVC methodology, when a user

Echo multiple lines of html code
Hi guys,

I would like to know if there is a way to echo multiple lines of html codes.

Table trouble
i have been reading the forum for a few weeks and decided to join. i like the format and the advice

admin with my register system?
Hey i wana make it so i can make a admin level on my register system , I'm kinda new to php to im no

Help with parsing this html
Hi,
I've got some html i just need a couple of strings from.. argh, it's freaking me out. I've t

Can't shake the "Warning: include()" error
I've just uploaded my site to a new server and where I have PHP include tags in my HTML, the browser

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash