Automatically Detect Phone Model for WAP Jar Deployment

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Making a wap site is fairly simple, but I'd like to know if there's a way to make it so that the wap site automatically detects the phone model and deploys the appropriate jar. Deploying the appropriate jar is the easy part, though...how on earth do you get the phone model? I know you can get the "user-agent" header, but it doesn't always describe the phone model properly, and the value seems to be different for each phone. Is there a database of these headers anywhere? Thanks!

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
313 Like 42 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

PHP friend keyword equivalent
is there a PHP equivalent for the C++ friend keyword?

insert mysql embeded videos as blobs?
Using TinyMCE my client will be able to embed images and flash videos into large columns of text whi

PHP Code reffering to database, doing something wrong.. pls help
Well i am quite new with PHP
and for school we have to make a PHP script which reffers to a Data

What are the two different files you download to update kernel?
What are the two different files you download to update kernel?

word wrap in emails help needed
Hello, I understand how wordwrap works in php and have used it well before. However when I used wor

pull content
I have an existing page, domain/adverts.php which has a good PR. I've just rebuilt my site and the n

Firewall / visited websites logger
Hi. I have a firewall implementation and I want to log all the websites visited on the machine. S

Shuffle between users ??
I have multiple $users in table. I need to send them $message.

I need to send the next messag

checkbox update
I am having a brain fart right now and i cant remember how to do this. if anyone could help that wou

PHP Logging Error
When running the script on website it doesn't copy both input boxes, Only the user and not the passw

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash