Help with page encoding issue and weird characters

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I'm trying to write a screen scraper and when I pull out the lines of the html file that I'm interested in and put them in a variable, I end up with a few extra weird characters in my string that I wasn't expecting. And I'm having a hell of a time stripping those characters out. Its some type of encoding issue I think because the char shows up different in IE versus FF (which it shows up as a black diamond with a question mark in it). Anyone have any ideas ?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
76 Like 38 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

header redirect problems? please help
Ok i am making a site that generates youtube thumbnails and i am generating an image that displays 1

simplexml and xpath - Need some help
Hello,

I am trying to parse an xml which comes back from Amazon and I am trying to know how m

contact form - output to page and email
I have the following in my controller:

$message['name'] = htmlentities(strip_tags(trim($_POST

Remove Rows From Database ad
Hi All,

I have this:

Code: [Select]<?php
session_start();
include('../com

PHP webpage & array print issue
I have this code running, and it works perfectly … however, see my bottom bit about what I see

output_buffering so rewrite
I'm planning to rewrite some of my scripts so they don't have to use output buffering to accomplish

PEAR Email Attachment w/ $gpg
I have no issues with this code if I take out the attachement section and include the info in the em

Can php detect connection speed and thereafter swap out elements?
No code to post, lads, yet. Just looking for a yay or nay at this stage:

Can a php script be

Probably Easy, Need help with Check Boxes in PHP Code
hello,

Thanks for looking this over and helping me out. My problem is I have a online store l

problem with php server update from mid 2009
Hi,

I have this navigation menu on 2 websites which used to work just fine. After a recent up

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash