insert/update functions for mysql, what do you think?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am working on two really simple functions that automatically generate (and execute) insert and update mysql queries and I have some questions:

Can there be any problems later on if functions treat numeric and string values the same? The function reports error if some value is neither numeric nor string (checked by using is_numeric and is_string functions), otherwise it just uses mysql_real_escape_string on all values in array and adds '' everywhere. Unlike microsoft access, mysql doesn't seem to care if you put '' on numeric value.

The simplest usage of insert function (for form data entry) would be:

db_insert('users', 'name,e_mail,bio', $_REQUEST);

First argument is table, another is the list of fields (separated by comma) , and third is the associative array of data that you want to insert.

Can you notice any problems?

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
329 Like 10 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Open/Close Links in Php
Hello, Hoping someone can inform me how I can get PHP to automatically open a set of links in a new

first few characters only
hi, does anyone know how to use PHP to take the first few words of a text and limit them? i have see

set xml path in flash when xml created in memorystream and webrequest
i am creating an xml file using memory stream and i want to load this xml file into the flash on cli

SAP Business Suite
Hi all:

Within the SAP Business Suite solution I would like to ask you the main differenc

Help a newbee save my job !
Hey guys i am dying here i am new to php and would like for someone to help me with this problem

Libraries in C++
Hi all,

I have two libraries. one is based targeted on linux platform and uses another li

Multiple while loops
I have several DB queries that I know should be returning results and aren't. I have a feeling it ha

calendar dates and hours compare problem
i have a calendar in wordpress, everything works great except that i can make 2 meetings at the same

Form submissing with PHP and JQuery/Ajax
I have searched everywhere, but cannot find a solution for this... I have worked all day trying to g

Parse Error
Hi Guys,

I have a function in my class which returns a string link variable. The problem is i

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash