issues verifying if user is logged in


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am having issues when a user logs in via asp Login control, the IsAuthenticated still seems to come up false... ( yes the username and password is correct) Can anyone tell me what I might be missing ? Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
setupForm() If (Page.IsPostBack) Then
'Dim loggedIn As Boolean = HttpContext.Current.Request.IsAuthenticated
End If If (Not Page.IsPostBack) Then
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
'Popup dialog won't fire if user is already in.
If (Request.IsAuthenticated) Then
mpeLogin.Enabled = False
pnLogin.Visible = False
logStatus.Visible = True
logName.Visible = True Else
mpeLogin.Enabled = True
pnLogin.Visible = True
logStatus.Visible = False
logName.Visible = False
End If
End If End Sub Private Sub setupForm() ' set the Login control properties
lgLogin.CreateUserText = _JoinNowText
lgLogin.CreateUserUrl = _JoinNowURL
lgLogin.PasswordRecoveryText = _PasswordRecoveryText
lgLogin.PasswordRecoveryUrl = _PasswordRecoveryUrl
lgLogin.InstructionText = _InstructionText
lgLogin.HelpPageText = _HelpPageText
lgLogin.HelpPageUrl = _HelpPageUrl
lgLogin.DestinationPageUrl = _DestinationPageUrl
lgLogin.RememberMeSet = _RememberMeSet
lgLogin.RememberMeText = _RememberMeText pnLogin.CssClass = _LoginPanelCss
lblBeforeButton.Text = _LoginPanelLabel
pnLogin.Width = _LoginPanelWidth End Sub
'Continue to display the popup dialog and failure text if login failed.
Protected Sub lgLogin_Authenticate(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.AuthenticateEventArgs) Handles lgLogin.Authenticate
Dim name As String = HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name 'Add authentication logic here.
'e.Authenticated = ((lgLogin.UserName = "gbeford") And (lgLogin.Password = "spring!"))
e.Authenticated = HttpContext.Current.Request.IsAuthenticated
Dim test As Boolean = HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated
Dim isLoggedIn As Boolean = FormsAuthentication.Authenticate(lgLogin.UserName, lgLogin.Password) If (Not e.Authenticated) Then
mpeLogin.Show()
End If End Sub
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
67 Like 27 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

phpMailer not working ..........
HI,
I was playing with the phpMailer script and tried to send a smiple mail using their test scri

Linked Keywords
I am trying to get a script that makes my predefined keyword converted to links and / or converted t

having a small php error tha deals with the 'foreach'
Last night i was working on a script for a cart and it seemed to working good, until this morning. F

Need help with unexpected T-STRING error
I'm a newbie and I'm still learning PHP. However this error has me stumped. I've googled, searched t

remove trailing slash from array
I have the following array which contains trailing slashes I need to remove. What is the best way to

Pro-rata Billing in Periodic Billing for Rental
Hi guys,

We have a situation, where a rental contract starts at the mid of the month say

firefox wouldnt stream mp3 files completely from my php page
hi everyone,
I have a php file trying to read and stream mp3 files. It works fine in IE but my pr

Company Code for Vendors created through Business Partners
Hi, experts!

I'm trying to set up the integration between Business Partner (BP) and Vendo

Inserting Data into a MS Access DB using PHP.
As part of my uni course I am doing a placement at a company whom want me to create a client zone fo

how to put the 0-100 numbers into 1.txt and 100-200 into 2.txt ?
how to put the 0-100 numbers into 1.txt and 100-200 into 2.txt and so on 200-300 into file 3.txt ?

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash