LinkedList help

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok so I just learned quickly about lists, so I have a not too hard project I think, but am having a few issues:

Here is the project. Create a lovely polynomial calculator, that takes the equation from the user, and a number for x.
Then solve it, but I have to use lists. As well as that I have to printout the equation with x at the end. And I will also have to have to add a method for finding the derivative of the equation.

I'll worry about the printout and the derivative at the end, except I have a problem right now... I'll show my code first

Here is the lovely main
Code: import java.util.*;public class PolyDriver { public static void main(String[] args) { boolean isrunning = true; String userinput="no"; String no="no"; String yes="yes"; double whatisx=0; Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in); System.out.println("What is X?"); whatisx =scan.nextDouble(); while(userinput.equals(no)) { System.out.println("Enter the first integer"); double d = scan.nextDouble(); System.out.println("Enter the exponent"); int e = scan.nextInt(); Poly m = new Poly(d, e, whatisx); System.out.println("Done?"); String j = scan.next(); if(j.equals(yes)) { System.exit(0); } } // System.out.println("Enter the number for x"); // Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in); }}

Then here is the Poly class

Code: import java.util.*;/* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. *//** * * @author JigglyWiggly-laptop */public class Poly { double integer=0; int exponent=0; double variable=0; double vrz=0; double whatisx=0; LinkedList linkedlist = new LinkedList(); public Poly(double d, int e, double x) { integer=d; exponent=e; whatisx=x; calculations(); // calculations(); } public double calculations() { double v = Math.pow(whatisx, exponent); double j = v*integer; linkedlist.add(j); printout(); return j; } public double printout() { for(int i=0; iWhen I run it:
Code: run:What is X?2Enter the first integer2Enter the exponent2---18.0Done?noEnter the first integer2Enter the exponent2---18.0Done?noEnter the first integer2Enter the exponent2---18.0Done? Why does it not make the list bigger? And the numbers should be adding up. Any ideas?

(Also ignore the funky way of getting the user input, this is the way we were told to do so)

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
318 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Specific name typed, specific image shown on html page
Hello,

Fairly new to PHP and was curious if someone might know how to solve a fairly simple r

whats wrong with my code please help!!!
this is the error

Warning: mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link res

Opening Multiple Files/Links in Order.
I want to open links in order/one-by-one and check each for a specific string.

Example:
I

Struct/union and scope problem!
HI all , I have
Code: in header.h typedef struct Node Link; /* ---------

how to load php class from another domain?
how to load php class from another domain?

Batch Session SM35 stuck in status 'in Background
Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem with Batch Input session SM35.

The batch se

Convert .fdf to .pdf
I currently have a web form that uploads the form data to an .fdf file and emails it.

However

Get content from table into a list, without repeating.
Alright this is kinda an odd thing, so I need some help.

I have a table "quote" wit

mySQL and PHP search
Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty

Problem with "dynamic" index page
Hi. I have one question. In my index.php page I have this kind of code:
Code: // listaa sivut

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash