LinkedList help


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Ok so I just learned quickly about lists, so I have a not too hard project I think, but am having a few issues:

Here is the project. Create a lovely polynomial calculator, that takes the equation from the user, and a number for x.
Then solve it, but I have to use lists. As well as that I have to printout the equation with x at the end. And I will also have to have to add a method for finding the derivative of the equation.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

I'll worry about the printout and the derivative at the end, except I have a problem right now... I'll show my code first



Here is the lovely main
Code: import java.util.*;public class PolyDriver { public static void main(String[] args) { boolean isrunning = true; String userinput="no"; String no="no"; String yes="yes"; double whatisx=0; Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in); System.out.println("What is X?"); whatisx =scan.nextDouble(); while(userinput.equals(no)) { System.out.println("Enter the first integer"); double d = scan.nextDouble(); System.out.println("Enter the exponent"); int e = scan.nextInt(); Poly m = new Poly(d, e, whatisx); System.out.println("Done?"); String j = scan.next(); if(j.equals(yes)) { System.exit(0); } } // System.out.println("Enter the number for x"); // Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in); }}



Then here is the Poly class


Code: import java.util.*;/* * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates * and open the template in the editor. *//** * * @author JigglyWiggly-laptop */public class Poly { double integer=0; int exponent=0; double variable=0; double vrz=0; double whatisx=0; LinkedList linkedlist = new LinkedList(); public Poly(double d, int e, double x) { integer=d; exponent=e; whatisx=x; calculations(); // calculations(); } public double calculations() { double v = Math.pow(whatisx, exponent); double j = v*integer; linkedlist.add(j); printout(); return j; } public double printout() { for(int i=0; iWhen I run it:
Code: run:What is X?2Enter the first integer2Enter the exponent2---18.0Done?noEnter the first integer2Enter the exponent2---18.0Done?noEnter the first integer2Enter the exponent2---18.0Done? Why does it not make the list bigger? And the numbers should be adding up. Any ideas?

(Also ignore the funky way of getting the user input, this is the way we were told to do so)
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
318 Like 44 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

How do I know when getBounds Method is ready to be called.
I have an application that changes out stylesheets client side. Once I change stylesheet the browse

Recognising Revenue daily
Hello.
Has anyone come across daily recognition of deferred income?
We want to implement R

Text Not Displaying Correctly With PHP:GD
I recently moved servers and since then I have noticed that one line of text is showing weirdly.

PayPal Redirect Issue
When I have my paypal button set so that is redirects to http://empiremarketing.ca/order.php,it work

php libs/ browsercap.in
ok i have a host that refuses to stay current. they control my php settings and libs. is there a way

single values into sql field
i have a form which i want the user to able to select multiple answers. But i want the answers to be

turning an array into a string then poping it into a db
Hi im just wondering how you get a requested array into a single string then pop it into the db so f

strptime() equivalent for php4 ?!
Greetings!

this is my first post, thank you in advance for your replies.

Well, the ti

I face problems to extract data from one table and insert it in another one
Hi,

For modifications, I have to extract data from one table and insert it in another one

I need an iframe that calls up a different page according to the date
hi

I don't know any php (only html) and I urgently need to do the following:

I need a

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash