WORDPRESS - Multiple Loops Only Going to One Post?


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I have various pages with multiple loops and i need them to be individual to all other categories.

2 columns.

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
Left column shows 4 posts from category news just with the date and some custom information.

Right column, on the home page shows the latest post and every other page shows the post content from the one you have just clicked on in the left column, all the full post content appears there, with the left column still showing the latest posts still.

These two elements need to ignore all other categories and posts.

I have been using this multiple loop code, on both the news page and single page.
Code: [Select]<?php
/**
* @package WordPress
* @subpackage Starkers
*/

get_header();
?>


<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

<div id="grid_2">

<div id="news_links">
<ul>

// Get the last 3 posts in the featured category.

<?php query_posts('category_name=news&showposts=4'); ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $data = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'key', true );?>



<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>">
<span>
<li><?php the_time('F jS, Y') ?></li>
<li><?php the_title(); ?></li>
<li><?php echo $data[ 'place' ]; ?></li>
<li><?php echo $data[ 'location' ]; ?></li>
</span>
</a>
<?php endwhile ?>
</ul>
</div>
<!--news_links-->

<div class="clearFix"><!--x--></div>
</div>
<!--grid_2-->

//We reset the loop
<?php rewind_posts(); ?>




<div id="grid_3">

<?php if (have_posts()) : ?>

<?php query_posts('category_name=news&showposts=1'); ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>



<div <?php post_class() ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<h2><?php the_title(); ?></h2>
<?php the_content('Read the rest of this entry &raquo;'); ?>
<p><?php the_tags('Tags: ', ', ', '<br />'); ?> Posted in <?php the_category(', ') ?> | <?php edit_post_link('Edit', '', ' | '); ?> <?php comments_popup_link('No Comments &#38;#187;', '1 Comment &#38;#187;', '% Comments &#38;#187;'); ?></p>
</div>



<?php endwhile; ?>

<?php next_posts_link('&laquo; Older Entries') ?> | <?php previous_posts_link('Newer Entries &raquo;') ?>

<?php else : ?>

<h2>Not Found</h2>
<p>Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.</p>
<?php get_search_form(); ?>

<?php endif; ?>

<div class="clearFix"><!--x--></div>
</div>
<!--grid_3-->

The problem i have is that regardless of which post you click on in the left column it always shows the same post in the right column, the most recent one, not the one you have just clicked on!

I think its something to do with this..
Code: [Select]<?php query_posts('category_name=news&showposts=1'); ?>
As its been told to show 1 post and its showing the most recent one.

Any idea how i can get it to show just the post you have clicked on in the right column?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
325 Like 22 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

help understanding hidden input w/ php
hello i'm doing a tutorial where there are multiple forms for an edit page for a user to update thei

Hyperlink in PHP to MySQL record
Hello,

I am having trouble as i am new to php. I have connected to the database and I have di

need to add "sizes" to shopping cart
Hey guys, I am trying to figure out a way to add a "size" selector on to this bit of code.

Binding 2 UDP sockets on same port, connected to different destinations, 1 receives
Hello,
My application wants to send/recv data to 2 different UDP ports on a remote computer, us

Memory Allocation
Hi folks,
see this ex:

int v=5;
v=v+10;

then what will do the compiler before th

I need an iframe that calls up a different page according to the date
hi

I don't know any php (only html) and I urgently need to do the following:

I need a

SESSION CHECK WORKS "MOST" of the time... whats going on?
i have a sign in check thats included in every page that is a members only page which is basically a

PayPal Redirect Issue
When I have my paypal button set so that is redirects to http://empiremarketing.ca/order.php,it work

Taking an HTML form and a PHP program and making it into one working file.
Hello,

So I would like to display everything INSIDE a specific directory. In other words, I

eregi to preg
Im converting my regex for php 5.3 and I am stuck on the following

Code: [Select]if((eregi(&q

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash