mySQL and PHP search


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,
I am trying to code a project and ran into a brick wall with one of my pages. I am pretty new at php/mySQL and can not figure this out. Now I know that you are not going to sit there and type my whole script out for me. That is NOT what I am asking. I need pointers, links to tutorials, or whatever help you can get me. I appreciate it very much!

First off, I am recoding a site I created a little while ago in pure HTML to php. This site is a help wanted site and it has had massive amounts of hits and requests to put up listings. I have the pages to submit a listing, write that to the database, and one to show the results in a raw format. However, I am running into two problems. One is that I want to code the main page to just be a mysql query. This means that I want it to show just the company name and position available, then have a button to click to get the rest of the info about the job listing in a separate pop-up window. I can not seem to find code, tut or anything of the like about this.
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Second problem, in my raw data results (plan table showing database contents) I need a link that will remove the entry. I have tried a couple of scripts and messed up my code further. I was wondering if anyone knows of something that describes this is great detail. It is all in a table.

Here is some of my code for the table with the DB contents:
Code: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>View All Job Listings</title>
</head>

<body>
<?php

require 'dbconnect.inc';

mysql_select_db("coushatta", $con);


$result = mysql_query('SELECT * FROM jobs', $con);

echo "<table border='1'>
<tr>
<th>ID</th>
<th>Business Name</th>
<th>Contact Name</th>
<th>Phone Number</th>
<th>Fax Number</th>
<th>Email Address</th>
<th>Position Open</th>
<th>Open</th>
<th>Filled</th>
<th>Closed</th>
<th>Listing Content</th>
<th>Delete?</th>
</tr>";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>" . $row['ID'] . "</td>";
echo "<td><a href='" . $row['ID'] . ".html'>" . $row['business_name'] . "</a></td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['contact_name'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['phone_number'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['fax_number'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['email_address'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['position_open'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['learnmore'];

if ( $row['learnmore'] == TRUE ) {
echo "";
} else {
echo "";
}
"</td>";


echo "<td>" . $row['filled'];
if ( $row['filled'] == TRUE ) {
echo "";
} else {
echo "";
}"</td>";


echo "<td>" . $row['closed'];
if ( $row['closed'] == TRUE ) {
echo "";
} else {
echo "";
}"</td>";


echo "<td>" . $row['listing_content'] . "</td>";
echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table>";
mysql_close($con);
?>


</body>
</html>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
239 Like 47 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

LIMIT $start, 10... how to pass last value queried into next page with GET??
Ok I know how to display the first or last 10 results of a query...

$result = mysql_query(&q

User input in to variable
Hi all,

I'm sure this is very easy but I'm having another brain freeze!

At the end of

what business processes?
Hi,

A general question. What business processes (like OTC - Order to Cach, P2P, R2R etc)

The page should be expire when cilck back button
hi,
i'm new to php world.
i create user registration page.
when i submit it,data goes to my

OPINIONS WANTED
This is my login page code, and I want your opinion on it please!

Code: // Login ~ CHECKS

Which practice of iteration through containers is preferred
In the "real world" what kind of loop do most people use to iterate through a container like a vecto

How to extract/download content from HTTPS page?
Hello to all the Members of this forum, Im Shoiab, A novice programmer in php.. for my first job I h

pagination - need help on passing of search query.
Hi, i have been trying for days but couldn't get this sorted out. Would like some professional help

SAP Project Module
I have seen in the SAP Project Module,plan cost and budget are not equal and even difference is sign

getting rid of quotes in strings
sick of trying to deal with them in multiple ways (entering in and taking from database, echoing, ec

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash