need help in update query


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi
i have a dynamic form. i need help in how can i use update query when values from dynamic form get pass to php file.

currently when i press submit it displays this and does not update fields
Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.

Code: UPDATE contacts SET name='Array', im='Array' WHERE userid='1'
this my code for dynamic form
Code: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="lib/jquery-1.4.min(Production).js"></script>
<script>
var id = 0;
function addFormField() {
//document.getElementById("id").value;
id++;
$("#divTxt").append(
"<p id='row" + id + "'><label>Relation <select name='relation[]' id='relation" + id + "'><option value='brother'>Brother</option><option value='sister'>Sister</option><option value='father'>Father</option><option value='mother'>Mother</option></select> <input type='text' name='name[]' /> <a href='#' onClick='removeFormField("#row" + id + ""); return false;'>Remove</a></p>"
);
}
function removeFormField(id) {
$(id).remove();
}
</script>
</head>

<body>

<form action="addDynamicFields.php" method="post" id="form1">
<label>Relation</label>
<select name="relation[]" id="relation0">
<option value="brother">Brother</option>
<option value="sister">Sister</option>
<option value="mother">Mother</option>
<option value="father">Father</option>
<option value="daughter">Daughter</option>
<option value="son">Son</option>
</select>
<input type="text" name="name[]" />
<div id="divTxt"></div>
<p><input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submit">
<!-- <input type="reset" value="Reset" name="reset"> --></p>
</form>
<p><a href="#" onClick="addFormField(); return false;">Add</a></p>
</body>
</html>

this is my php file
Code: <?php
$screenname = $_POST['relation'];
$name = $_POST['name'];

$connect = mysql_connect("localhost","user","pass");
mysql_select_db("test");

for($i=1; $i<count($screenname); $i++) {
//$imscreenname = $_POST['screenname'][$i];
//$imname = $_POST['name'][$i];
//echo $imscreename;
//$imscreenname = $screenname[$i];
$screennamesave = "UPDATE contacts SET name='$screenname', im='$name' WHERE userid='1'" or die(mysql_error());
$result = mysql_query($screennamesave);

echo $screennamesave;
}
?>
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
170 Like 40 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

extract content from a website
i have written a code that will grab the content from the index page..
i would like to know how c

comparing tables across databases sql refinement ideas required
Hi all

Via pl/sql I need to ensure that data between tables in different databases match

Generate multilayered array from string.
ok so i have a string that looks like this:
Code: [Select]blog:edit_all,delete_all|users:edit_all

Javascript using window.location seems to lose state
Not sure what forum so let me know if I'm in the wrong place. I have a main window with a ajax grid

frame help
on the bottom frame is menu.html

Code: <body><form action='link.php' met

Save username into DB
OkaY so I got my blog to actually save the posts and whatever, all I need now is for it to keep the

Unifying logins of two different scripts
I have two different game scripts which I want to embed on my own site. The problem is I don't want

PEAR in appliactiond development
When I was picking up PHP I went from procedural programming, fairly quickly into OOP, then after wr

PHP Script runs on CLI but not through web browser
I am running into an issue that I just can't seem to find the answer to. I have a Windows Server 200

checkbox update
I am having a brain fart right now and i cant remember how to do this. if anyone could help that wou

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash