Query failed issue with php script but works fine in mssql manager!


Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

hi i have the script below which copies data from one table to another but will only insert new data update current data or delete old data from tempproducts to products then it will delete the tempproducts from the db however i keep getting this error:

Warning: mssql_query() [function.mssql-query]: Query failed in E:UpdateProducts.php on line 33

Did you know?Explore Trending and Topic pages for more stories like this.
updateproducts.php
Code: <?php
include('../../otherscripts/functions.php');
$log = new Logging();

// create DB connection
$host = "localhost";
$user = "user";
$pass = "pass";
$mydb = "db";

$db = mssql_connect($host,$user,$pass);

//Select Database
mssql_select_db($mydb);


// delete all old data
$sql0 = "SELECT * FROM tempproduct";
$sql1 = "INSERT INTO products SELECT * FROM tempproduct WHERE manf_part_no NOT IN (SELECT manf_part_no FROM products) AND supp_id NOT IN (SELECT supp_id FROM products)";
$sql2 = "DELETE FROM products WHERE manf_part_no NOT IN (SELECT manf_part_no FROM tempproduct) AND supp_id NOT IN (SELECT supp_id FROM tempproduct)";
$sql3 = "UPDATE p1 SET p1.avail_qty = t1.avail_qty, p1.cost_price = t1.cost_price, p1.rrp = t1.rrp, p1.date_added = t1.date_added, p1.description = t1.description FROM Products p1 INNER JOIN tempproduct t1 ON (p1.manf_part_no = t1.manf_part_no AND p1.supp_id = t1.supp_id)";
$sql4 = "TRUNCATE TABLE tempproduct";

//If tempproduct is empty done Execute Commands if it is full then execute commands

$query = mssql_query($sql0) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to select for count from db'));
$rowcount = mssql_num_rows($query);

if($rowcount == 0){
$log->lwrite('Teh tempproduct am emptyish');
}
else{
mssql_query($sql1) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to insert to db'.$sql1));
mssql_query($sql2) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to Delete from db'));
mssql_query($sql3) or die($log->lwrite('Failed to Update db'));
mssql_query($sql4) or die ($log->lwrite('Failed to TRUNCATE db'));
}
?>

if i run $sql1 command in the sql manager it runs fine and no errors occur?
No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
241 Like 7 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Problem with variable declaration in switch statement
Hello, I am having some trouble assigning a value to a variable inside a switch statement. What I a

storing video files into mysql in php
hi

i have my video files in my folder ,
i have to store the path of the videos into db an

PHP search multiple input field box help
I am having a problem with my search script. At current it will simply search by a selected date whi

how to get different value in second view of webdynpro?
hello guys,

In ABAP webdynpro I am trying to create one application having two views.

Remote Database Access
Hey guys!!

OK, i'm used to only working with databases from the CPANEL, accessing phpMyAdmin

Set Categories
I am creating a submission form for somebody to come in and submit products. These products are sep

Undefined index: username HELP NEWBIE
I am trying a simple login/logout for my website. It works well with checking if the username exists

Just a white page
Okay so, my website, when I click SignUp on it it takes me to /join.php but its a complete white pag

How to form a xml form table with a single sql statement..?
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this is going to be a duplicate thread but i couldn't

Help on Order Entry Form/System Where is best to begin.
I have a dilema and a very short amount of time at this point and I'm looking for some help on decid

Sign up to write
Sign up now if you have flare of writing..
Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS



Play Free Quiz and Win Cash