reading xml faster than DB call?

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

I am trying to optimize a high traffic website, and I enabled a feature where there are three photos selected from the most recently submitted ones, and displayed at the top of the page. I figured that if each person is asking for 3 photos every time the page loads, this will put strain on server load. My solution involves having a script generate an xml file of the 30 most recent photos every half hour, and then cycle through the xml on the actual page. Is this a better solution than making a db call, in terms of speed gained/efficiency? I dont have much experience with XML so I wouldn't know how fast parsing it in PHP would be compared to a database call.

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
305 Like 15 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

Error In Syntax
I got this error:

Code: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '>' in /home/bucket/publ

Give me all your tricks for minimizing jar file size

Hi, I'm coming close to releasing my J2ME game... I am kicking up against the 64k size barrier w

PHP error on MySQL insert
I'm sure it's the simplest of issues, but I can't recall why this isn't working.

Code: [Selec

Need help with PHP/MySQL drop down menu
I need help on how I can implement a drop down menu which queries mysql database and output the avai

Help with captcha script needed
Hello,

I am working on a script where reCAPTCHA or a similar form of CAPTCHA will be used, f

PHP Cannot redeclare class
I have 6 files, and two of them do not seem to want to play well. I keep getting a "Cannot rede

PHP onsubmit in the form not going to the fuction.
I have a form through ‘onsubmit’ calling a function validation(). But not going to the

Bluetooth RSSI & VIsta
Okie I got 4 Bluetooth adapters, a DBT-120 by Dlink, A Zonet Microsoft Bluetooth which is what I use

Calculus Help (and by help I mean homework)
Hrmmm, I hate posting about math homework, partly because it's homework, and partly because I hate w

filesize problem
i use ubuntu 9.10 and i have mountet a folder from an windows

/mount/FOLDER
/mount/FOLDER/

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash