Retrieving the 25 most recently added entries from all tables in a MySQL databas

Posted on 16th Feb 2014 07:03 pm by admin

Hello,

The code below works great. It creates a table that shows the 25 most recently added tables to a MySQL database called "sitefeather."

Each one of these tables has the following structure:

Code: id INT(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, site VARCHAR(1000) NOT NULL, action1 BIGINT(9) NOT NULL, action2 BIGINT(9) NOT NULL, createddatetime TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY(id), UNIQUE (site)
I would like to echo a list of "site" and "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" for the 25 most recently added rows, regardless of which table they are in. This may be tricky since the number of tables is variable. Someone advised me that I would have to use a query involving INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

John

Code: echo "<table class="samples">";
$index = mysql_query("select TABLE_NAME from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES where TABLE_SCHEMA='sitefeather' order by CREATE_TIME desc limit 25");
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($index))
{
echo '<tr><td><a href="sitesearch.php?find='.urlencode($row['TABLE_NAME']).'&searching=yes&search=search">'.$row['TABLE_NAME'].'</a></td></tr>';

}
echo "</table>";

No comments posted yet

Your Answer:

Login to answer
309 Like 19 Dislike
Previous forums Next forums
Other forums

server trace logs
could any one tell me from where do i get error logs in xMII??I want to check the reason for dtabase

how can we add data from dynamic fields to mysql db in php
i have a script which i found on the internet. i modify that script according to my needs. what is i

Printing a webpage
I use this to print the webpage: o

Doubles are giving me problems
Ok so, first of all i made a double = 0.05, but when running the debugger it shows up as 0.04999. I

Cursor statement failed with errors
Following statement failed with the errors.

cursor proj_cursor1 is (select projectID from

Need help-Error istream header declaration
Hi Everyone ,

I am having issue with istream declaration. I am new to C programming.
can a

elseif help!
OK so I'm new to the site, as well as PHP altogether (Trying my hand at managing an online RPG) and

Working with Global Variables
hi, I'm not really sure why the following code is returning a "Call to a member function getBan

Estimations and Effort
HI Gurus,

Would like to know whether SAP have a provision for carrying out the Project es

classic dynpro : hide area and auto adjust hights
Hi,

I want to develop a similar user interface as is used in standard transaction MIGO.

Login   |   Register
Follow Us
Indyaspeak @ Facebook Indyaspeak @ Twitter Indyaspeak @ Pinterest RSS

Play Free Quiz and Win Cash